Chapter 6

One week has passed, so it was time to give Uta a visit. 

Surprisingly, this week went by rather smooth, as in you didn't see the priest or anything else with connections to the Aogiri tree. Apart from that, everything went to shit.

Ken is still unable to use his kagune, which is why he has spared the life of Koutarou Amon, while also allowing his partner to murder Hinamis mother. This, of course, was a tragedy, especially because even though you didn't see her a lot, Hinami was almost like a daughter to you. Every time she had a question or anything to say, she always came to you or Eto. It was heartbreaking and you knew, that Ken is the one to blame. If he would finally submit to the fact that he is a ghoul and would be able to control his powers, he could've taken on Mado without a problem, this is only supported by the fact that Hinami and her mother were present as well and as it turned out, they are really strong. Hinami later killed Mado after all.

But that didn't matter now, it was too late to change anything anyway. The only thing that you had to focus on, was to find Utas shop.

Eto walked right beside you and you soon arrived.

Upon arrival, Uta immediately told you to sit down, as he would still need to adjust the masks.

That only took a moment and he was done. He then handed you your masks. 

Yours was a wolf, with one stitched together eye, which would cover your normal eye, while Etos was a rather cute looking fox. Just like yours it also had a stitched together eye, which covered her normal one. 

"I hope you like it." Uta said, "I thought that a wolf and a fox would fit together rather well, it would also fit because of your size differences."

You thanked Uta and said that you liked your masks, after that you said goodbye and walked out of the store.

You were on your way back to the anteiku, on which you and Eto talked a lot about your masks. She seemed to like the idea with the wolf and fox as well. 

"You know it would be quite cool if your kakuja would evolve into a wolf. It's going to do that at some point, so might as well choose something nice."

You agreed with Eto, but you didn't know when your kakuja would evolve since you didn't eat any ghouls in a while. Well, you probably could when you would be dismantling the Aogiri tree and that way you wouldn't kill any innocent ghouls, so that was your plan, but obviously you couldn't start right away since you did not have any trace to any of the members at the moment.

At the anteiku, you started working again, while Eto pulled her laptop out of her bag, put it on a table and continued writing her book while drinking coffee. 

It was all going well until two new people entered the cafe. One familiar face and one, which was kind of familiar, but at the same time, completely new.

It was Koutarou Amon and his new partner, this obviously upset the staff, which still hasn't recovered by the recent events, but there was nothing that they could do.

 They first ordered coffee and it seemed like they really just wanted to take a break from whatever they were doing. You heard them talk about a man, who gave them very valuable information once and who almost made it possible for Mado to finally win, against one of his old rivals. 

When they finished their coffee, you took their empty cups and wanted to bring them back to the kitchen, but Amon stopped you.

"Holy shit, you are the man we were looking for all the time!" he said.

You kind of knew where this is going, but it still surprised you and it wasn't just you. Every ghoul, even Eto stopped whatever they were doing and looked at you. They thought that you were about to get either stuck in cochlea or get directly executed.