Chapter 10

(Just a small disclaimer, there are going to be a lot of bad words near the end of the chapter and some mild alcohol abuse. Nothing that should be unacceptable to people who read or watched Tokyo Ghoul, but I feel like I should warn you anyway.)

Some days have passed since the incident in the interrogation room and in those days, you spent a lot of time with Akira and Amon, trying to get some hints about what the Aogiri tree is planning. The traces all led to the 24th ward, where they would try to find the underground king, who would then be their new ruler. This is also what Jason told Eto, but he said that they would first raid cochlea, which they didn't do, probably because their reconnaissance team never came back. 

Currently, you were walking through one of the many tunnels of the 24th ward, together with your whole team, consisting of Amon, Akira, and Eto. 

At the moment, Akira was leading the way with some kind of device, that would warn you about any ghouls hiding in the dark. It remained silent ever since you entered the ward, which was well over 1 hour ago, only occasionally pinging when Eto or you walked too close to it. However, now it was bleeping quite rapidly and so Akira told you to go in front of the group, while she and Amon were unpacking their quinques and a large headlight, to illuminate the tunnel in front of you. 

When you finally got to see the ghoul that the device warned you about, you were visibly surprised. Not because you didn't expect Ken to be standing there, but he was smelling completely different. His Rc levels have massively increased as well and his hair had gotten white for some reason.

"So you're with the CCG now? What a shame, my master would have liked you, but unfortunately, it's too late to negotiate now. My task is to defend my brothers from the Aogiri tree, while they search for the king and that includes killing you." he said emotionless.

"Ken... We don't have to do this-" you tried to explain, but you were interrupted by a loud noise. 

Another ghoul sneaked behind your group and knocked Eto out, by smacking her in the neck with a crowbar. The ghoul looked a lot like Touka, but he was male.

"As you see, the one-eyed owl is very weak. If she were as strong as she once was, she could have easily killed Ayato, but she didn't. It was love that made her weak." Ken continued in his emotionless voice.

Amon and Akira exchanged some words about the one-eyed owl and how it killed many of their CCG friends, but right now, they didn't care. Eto was lying helplessly on the ground and they had to do something.

"Alright (Y/N)! You take care of your friend over there, while we kill this bastard over here." Amon shouted while he and Akira rushed towards Ayato.

You gave a quick nod and immediately activated your kakuja. Ken surely had to remember it, it was the one that beat his ass once already. However Ken got stronger, with his first attack, he already damaged the armor. Not very serious damage, it was just the plate on your left arm that had a small hole in it, but he was able to damage it, unlike everyone else. Even Arima was unable to seriously damage it. 

He was fast, but not too fast. You tried to attack him, but every time he dodged and returned an attack with his kagune, causing your armor to slowly get more and more damaged. 

Amon and Akira didn't have an easy time either. Ayato was taking them under heavy fire with his feather kagune, but unlike you, they were still able to attack him, in addition to that, they were doing it quite successfully, pushing Ayato further away from Eto with every attack. 

You realized that you wouldn't be able to defeat Ken while fighting like a man, so what you decided to do next, was against your rule of honor, but sometimes, when everything goes to shit you just have to play dirty.