- 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒆𝒔

━━━━━━━━━━━━
S Y N O P S I S 
━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Power doesn't 

corrupt people.

People corrupt 

power."

━━━━━━━━━━━━
B L U R B
━━━━━━━━━━━

High school is like a game of chess. You have to gamble the moves you make and risk the chance of checkmate. In Harrington, that isn't the case. No matter what moves someone could make -  unless you were one of the Elites - you'll always face checkmate, just for pure pleasure and entertainment, because that's all they'll ever be; another pawn in their game.

But that was before Candace.

After her best friend was ripped away from Harrington due to her obsession with climbing the hierarchy, Candace knows that she has to do the same to them. One by one.

And once she does, she'll finally rest. But what if destroying the Elites means destroying someone she cares deeply about too? 

━━━━━━━━━━━━
DI S C L A I M E R
━━━━━━━━━━━

So, as part of my Extended Qualification Project, I had to produce an artefact or write a dissertation. I chose to produce an artefact and based my inspiration on one of my favourite novels - Gossip Girl  - and another novel which I loved also  - Clique Bait (aka High School Hit List) - as it discussed topics that I wanted to raise awareness too. The Elites is a form of awareness on how corruption and abuse of power can affect the lives around you. 

In our day and age, we see these themes very often in both our justice system and institution. Furthermore, I also touch on topics such as assault and abuse. Please be aware that these themes are commonly seen throughout the novel. 

There are approximately 19 chapters as I had only 8 months to produce the novel. I've been wanting to show you for so long and I'm finally glad I can. 

Without further ado, I hope you enjoy it.

Like, comment and follow me on Wattpad, Twitter and Instagram [@imawandererxo].

© Copyright 2020 of ImAWandererXO

Started: 01.07.20

Ended: 30.09.20

fariha.