Year Three

I raised my hands, so did my shadow. "I'm warning you, stay away from me!" Rosier twirled my wand in his finger tips and Nott pushed me towards Dolohov and Mulciber. Dolohov stuck his foot out and I fell to the ground. My head hit the stone ground of the courtyard. "What are you gonna do, pet? We've got your wand!" Rosier teased. I opened my eyes angrily and pushed to my feet quickly, energy surging through me. I aimed my magic at Mulciber who was closest and he crumpled to the ground and lay unconscious. "I'm not your pet." I spat through my teeth as they all took off running, none of them could do wandless magic. I'd been doing it for a month now, nobody knew. It wasn't normal for someone my age to be doing wandless magic, I don't even think its normal at all, few can do it. Tom could though. Which made me feel like less of a freak. He didn't know I could do it but I'd seen him use magic without a wand. Maybe we were freaks and meant to stick together...

I felt my face where it had hit the ground and felt the blood. Hospital wing it was for me, again. I wondered if they would start questioning my stories of clumsiness?

Tom didn't believe me but was stumped as to what was actually happening. I was only protecting them because they were Toms... Friends wasn't fitting, more like followers. That's what they should call themselves! The followers. Much better than The Knights of Walpurgis anyway. But I couldn't be the only person Tom hung out with. I hung out with Lucretia and Cedrella Black and Tom hung out with his knights. He was literally their leader. It was rather strange.

"Harley?" I turned around to stare into Toms icy blue eyes. "Geez how do you walk so quiet, Tom?" He just smiled until he saw the blood running down my face. Then his lips set in a thin line and I made up something quick. "It's getting icy. I slipped a little. No big deal." He crossed his arms stubbornly. "Show me where you slipped." I couldn't remember seeing ice anywhere around Hogwarts. Maybe it was time Tom knew who his friends really were...

I led him to where his friends attacked me and where Mulciber still lay. My blood was smeared onto the courtyard floor. "They did this to you?" Tom gently rubbed the blood from my face with his sleeve. "Yeah your 'knights' haven't exactly been welcoming." I folded my arms angrily as if it was Toms fault. It was his fault for making friends like that I guess. "I'll talk to them. I'm so sorry Harley." Tom put his arm over my shoulders and walked me down to the hospital wing, I froze outside the wide doors. "Oh geez! Rosier still has my wand! I said I'd meet Cedrella and Lucretia in Diagonal Alley after breakfast! I meant to change... What time is it?"

Tom forced a smile though I could still see the rage poking through. "I'll bring breakfast to the common room for you, just get that cut fixed then meet me back there." I smiled genuinely. Tom would always be the best. "Thanks, Tom." I pushed through the doors as Tom took off towards the great hall.

The hospital wing was deserted and I walked out in perfect condition in less than a minute. I hurried back to the common room. As I ran down a flight of stairs I nearly crashed into somebody. They steadied me quickly with large hands, and I looked up to apologize. Then I saw the Gryffendor lion stamped on his robes and I had to force it a little. "Thanks." I looked up into his kind face, he was young, but so large. "It's no problem. I'm Rubeus Hagrid. First year." I put my tiny, pale him in his large, tanned one and shook his hand. "Harley Payton, third year. I'm sorry Rubeus but I'm really in a hurry." He smiled warmly and I slid past him.

Once I'd changed I waited for Tom in the common room. He came down the stairs and into the empty common room pushing Nott in front of him. I jumped to my feet but didn't feel afraid for myself, Tom wouldn't let him touch me. No, it was Nott I was afraid for. The second year boy looked so frightened, what had Tom done? Nott held out my wand to me and stuttered an apology. Tom gave him a huge shove back to the stairs, hissing, "Get lost." Angrily. Then he turned to me and handed me food and left after his Knight, leaving me standing there open mouthed holding a plate of eggs and my stolen wand.