Summer: Part Two

Summer: Part Two

I shoved LeStrange into Nott, the two were complete lunatics when drunken. Well that didn't come as much of a shock to me, I guess. "Where is Tom?!" I gave the shabby wooden table a kick and Mulciber let out a howl as his drink spilled over his lap. I leaned forward and hissed, "Some death eater you are, Mulciber." Angrily under my breath, I didn't want him to make a scene. Mulciber caught my eye and paled. Rosier rolled his eyes, he was the most calm but maybe that's because everyone else was beating him by at least two drinks. Well except me, I'd only had one. I shoved my seat back from the table and it made a horrible screeching sound. "I'm going to get him." I spun on a spot and apperated to where Tom said he'd be. Meeting his uncle. I walked up to the grubby shack and smiled a little at the snake nailed to the door. Passeltongue? That must be where Tom gets it from. I knocked slightly hesitantly, maybe I shouldn't be here.

The door swung open into darkness. "Mr. Gaunt? Morfin Gaunt?" A thick man stepped into view. A knife flew straight towards my face but I just stopped it and it floated centimeters away from my face. "Now, now. I'm simply looking for Tom." He glared when I said Toms name. "That filthy muggle? Or his half breed son?" I shot a ball of magic at his chest and he slammed against the wall. "Don't you ever speak of him that way," I had learned bits an pieces of Passeltongue from Tom so I switched to using it, remembering the snake pinned to the door. "The son." I hissed and his eyes went wide with glee. It was a little scary. "So you speak it too?" I nodded, "Thats beside the point. Have you seen him?" He shook his head slowly.

"Haven't, lovely. But if I do I'll let him know you stopped in. Or you could just stay and wait for him..." He said suggestively and I nearly puked. He was easily twice my age. And Toms uncle! "Just tell him his girlfriends looking for him." I reached for the door and suddenly he was in my way, advancing towards me. I put my hand on his throat and used magic to make it burning hot. He screeched and I pushed past him out the door muttering curses under my breath. I stepped into the sun and started back towards the bar. "Harley?!" Tom yelled from behind me and I spun to find him jogging toward me, a worried look on his face.

When he reached my side he took my still hot hand then released it quickly. "Sorry. And sorry if I hurt your uncle but he was being a git." Tom scowled and turned to look at the house. "Did he hurt you? Cause if he did I swear..." He lost the end of his threat when I shook my head. "I'll just be a short minute talking to Morfin. I'll meet you all a little later, alright?" I nodded and he kissed my cheek before we went our separate ways. When I got back to the bar the death eaters were talking about Tom but calling him Lord Voldemort. I didn't mention it though. I wasn't suppose to know.

We travelled around for a while, seeing the world, finding cool wizard artifacts. We found this one place that made necklaces and Tom bought me one of our tattoo but the snake slithered around soundlessly in a loop. Toms friends all got the same tattoo as us once I agreed they could and called it the dark mark. Tom and I worked on a spell to connect them so we could call each other. All in all it had been the best summer of my life, I'd never felt so free. So a part of something. So in love.