I'm Done

I walked down the stairs and noticed bright red writing on one of the walls. I walked down to it and smiled, it was spray paint. 'Dumbledores Army Still Recruiting!' Where on earth did Dumbledores Army get muggle spray paint? And more importantly how did they get it into the school? I couldn't help but smile never-the-less. They were all nice kids who stuck up for everybody. They were making a difference, giving people hope. Something so off Toms radar they weren't in too much danger. Tom didn't know of this like hope and believing in someone.

Although everyday I still had hope. I mean I think was shouldn't have to hide from the muggles but Tom was killing them. Killing wizards and witches too, of pure blood simply because they wouldn't obey. Tom was getting out of line. Even I, who loved him and trusted him for all these long years, have started to believe he was the bad guy. I stopped seeing Tom, when he came around I would fake business or illness until he left. And all this crap about stealing magic power was ridiculous! You either had it or you didn't. I tried explaining everything to Tom once and he freaked out. Accusing me of betraying him and the wizarding world. Which was the begging of our fighting and the reason I was being helpful to Dumbledores Army. I tapped the wall with my wand and made it unremovable. Smiling as I did so. It's gave the Carrows something to trouble over. They were truly horrible people, loving punishing the students, especially the first years. I did what I could to protect them but I'm only one person.

"Let me go!" I heard from down the hall and walked around the corner. "What's going on here?" I asked in a stern voice and lit my wand. My heart stopped, what was Fenrir Greyback doing at Hogwarts? "Release her." He pulled his claws he called fingernails out of the girls skin. She was a fourth year, a Gryffendor I think. "Go see Madam Pomfrey right away." I waited till she was out of ear shot before turning back to Greyback. "I've just about had it with you. Leave now before I call the dark lord." I threatened but he just smiled menacingly. "Your dear Voldemort sent me personally to watch over you. He said to take what I needed when I needed it." His eyes looked hungrily down the hall after the terrified girl and I couldn't help it. I hit him flat across the nose with my fist, blood dripped on the floor and his nose twisted at a weird angle. I grabbed his arm and disaperated to Malfoy Manor, something Snape had allowed. Apperating inside the castle. I pressed my dark mark and before Greayback could say a word Tom stood before us. "You sent this to protect me?! At Hogwarts?! How dare you! I don't need protection and most certainly not from his kind!"

Tom glared at Greyback. "What happened?" He wiped blood from his nose, "She hit me! I was just following your orders- taking what I needed." He grinned devilishly at me and I went to punch him again but Tom stopped my hand. "He doesn't need that! I won't have it! You loved Hogwarts Tom, how could you let it become a place of torture?" Greyback slipped from the room and as much as I hated him my quarrel was with Tom. With Voldemort. Sending the man who nearly killed me to protect me was something Tom Riddle wouldn't have done. I'd been right from the start. Tom Riddle ha been here when I'd arrived but although the man before me looked like him, it was Voldemort. I was finally seeing him for who he was, and I felt responsible. "He could protect you and you know it. Hogwarts is still the same. It's still Hogwarts, Harley don't you see?" He tried to take my hands but I pulled away, "No Tom it's not. Nothing's the same. I'm starting to wonder... Are you really doing this to make the world better? Or just so you can have whatever you want whenever you want it?" I stopped and let him pull me into his arms. What was I if I fought against Tom? Dumbledore- my one chance at a better life, was long since dead. I would be an outcast, on the run forever. If I left there was no turning back. "I'm sorry Tom, Greyback just freaks me out."

"Go back to Hogwarts for a few days and then talk to me. I'll keep Greyback away from you." I smiled and left once more, appearing in my room at Hogwarts. Tears started running down my face, I could do it. I was strong and knew I could do it...

It was two days later, a Tuesday. Classes had yet to start and I felt rather uneasy about something but I couldn't quite place it. I felt... ill. I excused myself to the washroom and decided I would go all the way to the fourth floor bathroom, for old times sakes. I splashed water on my face then sat against the far wall. I looked paler than usual, with dark under my eyes because I hadn't been sleeping properly. I sighed and got up from the wall. Something in my stomachs fidgeted and I wondered if I would vomit. I lifted my robes slightly and gasped, placing a hand on my stomach. There was a bump. I was pregnant with Toms child. I would not let them grow up surrounded by this. I could've done it myself but I had a child to protect now. My mind was racing as I packed everything I owned and everything I would need. When I stopped and took a deep breath I started to weep. Eventually I got up, Tom deserved something. I laughed when I was finished, it read;

Goodbye,

Harley

I would leave him that, it would suffice. But maybe, in the end, I would want him to know why I left. So I calmed myself and tried again, finally I was content with the way it sounded and I folded it up and put a spell on it so only Tom could read it. I wiped my eyes and marched down the halls. "Aren't you suppose to be teaching a class?" I nodded and she froze at the sight of my tears. "What's the matter dear?" At least one person should know, so if I died someone would know my child existed. "Minerva I'm leaving. I won't be returning again. It's his child." I put a gentle hand on my stomach and she pulled me into a teary hug. "You had better leave than. Good luck." She bowed her head slightly and then moved along. I happened to catch Snape on his way up to his office and I swear I heard him whisper Dumbledore before the eagle turned to reveal a staircase. "Severus? Could you do this for me? When the final battle begins, give this to Tom. But not until then please." He took the envelope from my shaking hand and eyed me but nodded. I expected questions but he just turned walked up to the headmasters office. I felt dizzy, I could leave. I was free to protect my child. I could feel safe once again and relax. Now I just had to raise a child. I laughed at how simple that seemed compared to everything else. Of how exciting and fun raising my child would be...