Epilogue

Epilogue

We settled in none other than Godricks Hallow and met wonderful people. My child, my baby girl was so happy and gorgeous. She had dark hair when she was born but its turned an even lighter blond than mine. Her eyes seem even a brighter blue than Toms ever were. She looked so like Tom though. It was incredible. She grew slowly, too slowly and I took her to see expert after expert. Finally one figured it out... It was the Philosophers Stone in my blood stream that was still to the day slowing my aging and now my daughters. Nothing bad, everything would be fine. At the end of the school year Tom died. At Hogwarts. It was poetic justice in my mind and yet I still cried for hours while my daughter napped.

She stayed very much the same for a very very long time. We had to move often so people wouldn't ask questions. Finally after 5 years she became a toddler and could do things by herself a little more. I started working on a potion to fix the slow aging thing in both of us. I wanted her to live a normal life. But things got complicated and a normal life seemed so far away. Instead of my own snatchers looking for me it was now aurors, for being a death eater. I was in Diagonal Alley one day getting supplies for the potion when a pale hand touched my shoulder. "Harley?" I turned and there was Draco. Older and more mature looking than the Draco I'd known. I probably looked almost the same in his eyes. Well except for the toddler on my hip. "Draco!" He pulled me into a hug and I noticed the women standing a little back from them. A child sitting on her hip as well. "You're still the same as ever. Who's this?" He smiled then realization crossed his face and he paled. "She's his." I bit my lip fighting back tears but Draco just shook his head. "Imagine that. Why don't you join us for dinner tonight? Astoria doesn't mind, do you dear?" She beamed brightly. "Not at all. Little Scorpius would enjoy a play mate I think." So I payed for what I needed and went with them back to their house.

Malfoy Manor looked so different now that Draco was the head of the house. Less like Deatheater head-quarters. It was nice. "Astoria, it was a wonderful meal. Thank you so much." I smiled graciously and scooped up my daughter. She was giggling with glee and had pink cheeks. "Of course, Harley. Why don't you and Veronica join us next week? Scorpius seems to enjoy her company." I smiled and accepted. Week after week we went, Draco and I became friends again and I found I liked Veronica having a real friend. After a while I found a solution to the aging problem. But it wasn't a potion... It was a crystal ball with unicorn hair throughout. Who would have thought? I miniaturized it and made us both necklaces so we always had it. I watched her grow everyday like Scorpius, like a normal child. Then an auror found me... And I knew I was done. My time had been long and good but it was finished. I had to find a safe place for Veronica before I was found. Nobody could know who her father was. Which is why I couldn't use Riddle nor Payton as a last name. Malfoy wasn't really safe either. I went with Gabrielle, as in Gabrielle Delacour. She was the one who got me to like younger children. Not just the teenagers that were at Hogwarts and Beauxbatons.

Veronica Gabrielle.

Veronica was nearly four when I called the orphanage. I put all her things in suitcases, sent her several of the necklaces. Then wrote her a note,

Dear Veronica,

I love you so much baby. I'm so sorry I wasn't able to be with you but it was for good reason and I know you'll make good choices. Be sure you wear your necklace. When you turn eleven you'll get your Hogwarts letter, it's where your father and I learned our magic. I've put money in vault 318 of Gryngotts bank. The key is in the envelope. Grow strong and happy my daughter.

Love,

Mom

I sealed the envelope and put it in the suitcase. I loved Veronica so much and giving her up was killing me. When I got to the orphanage I had second thoughts. It was a muggle orphanage... Maybe the Malfoy's would take care of her for me. But I didn't want to burden Draco and Astoria. I took a deep breath and went in. Walking out was harder. I sent an owl explaining things to Draco but didn't tell him where I'd sent Veronica. He was after all a known Deatheater and they might come looking for him and realize he had an extra child. Veronica was safer in a muggle orphanage. I went to the ministry of magic and walked to the aurors offices. It was nearly empty. I saw Ron Weasley of all people sitting at a desk talking to Harry Potter. I shook my head, they'd always been best friends.

"Professor? Sorry old habits die hard. What are you doing here?" Ron asked. Blushing after calling me professor. "I'm here to turn myself in." I shoved my sleeve up showing them my dark mark. They both jumped up and drew their wands. "I won't put up a fight." I tossed them my wand and shrugged. "So take me to askaban or whatever." A gruff voice from behind me spoke up. "If found guilty the sentence is dementors kiss." I turned, I didn't known him. Just a good guy, doing what was right. I went quietly, but didn't answer any questions that could lead to Veronica. She would be safe and I would never be a burden on her. I couldn't look when it happened, I closed my eyes and thought of blue eyes, Toms. And Veronica's. it took only a moment and then I was happy, everything would be fine. I was with the Tom I knew. Because he was alway two people. The one I loved who was Tom Marvolo Riddle and then my competition, Lord Voldemort. The question was who would Veronica take after? The light or the dark...