Year Six: Part Two

Part Two

Tom and I spent most of our time in the room of requirement chatting and looking though stuff. I was beginning to like Tom, like I'd never liked William. One day we were looking through a rather large pile of stuff when I held up a Slytherin banner. Tom froze and dropped the biting clock he'd found which spun in circles gnawing its teeth. "Where did you say you found the snake in our tattoos?" His face was filled with excitement and hope. It was just a banner... "On a bathroom tap, why?" He didn't answer, just jumped up and walked to the door. "Show me please." I cleared out the bathroom and locked the door behind Tom and I. He looked at the sink, turned it on to discover it didn't work when all the other taps did. Then the bell rang for class. "Come on Tom. You can come back after potions."

I was distracted throughout the entire class, what did Tom see about the tap that I didn't? Without noticing I was doing it I was making the potion without my hands, I was stirring and cutting with wandless magic. Professor Slughorn walked over and laughed gleefully. "Miss. Payton, I wasn't aware you could do wandless magic." He smiled proudly as if he'd accomplished some great goal. "Yes, sir. Since fourth year." His jaw dropped slightly and then he started chuckling. "Would you like to join a few select students at a dinner party this Saturday night?" Considering it was Friday and I had a Quidditch match the next day it seemed rather rude to invite me so last minute and he was only inviting me because i was powerful but I smiled happily, now I could be with Tom. "Of course, professor. I'd be delighted." He strode away laughing and saying, "Since fourth year!" Quietly and excitedly. Tom gave me a thumbs up before we both got back to our potions.

Tom disappeared leaving me with his Knights in the common room. I was actually having a good time. "Why did you guys pick such a stupid name? Why not something cool and dangerous? That has to do with what your main goal is..." Rosier howled laughter and LeStrange smirked, "We want to concur death. Got a name for us now?" LeStrange raised an eyebrow challengingly. I thought it over for a while. "Death beaters?" I said with a smile on my face, it wa better than what they were now. Nott burst into laughter from the wall, he was farthest away. "Did you just say death eaters? I like it!" We all burst into laughter, but it was catchy, I kind of like it too. It was better than what I'dactually said. Eventually I went to sleep and woke up tired for Quidditch the next day. We won easily though, our seeker took a long time to catch the snitch so I had lots of time to score goals.

A knock sounded on my door and a fourth year girl peeked in looking afraid. I stood up and straightened my emerald dress. "There's a boy waiting down stairs for you, he says it's urgent." I thanked her and she closed my door. I walked down the stairs in my matching emerald heels and smiled at Tom. When I got to the bottom of the stairs I was practically at a run, he looked so excited. He picked me up and twirled me around. "I've opened it, Harley!" He whispered, barely containing his excitement. I covered my mouth with my hands to hold in a squeal. Tom took my hand and started leading me away. I couldn't keep up with Tom in my heels so I kicked them off and we started running through the castle.

He pulled me by my hand until we abruptly stopped. The head girl in Gryffendor glared at us. "Where do you think you're going? Where are your shoes, Payton?" Tom spoke up, sounding completely believable. "Harley left her shoes in the bathroom, we're going to be late for Professor Slughorns party so if you'll excuse us..." She huffed when we didn't wait for an answer. I cleared the bathroom before Tom came in. He stood in front of the tap and started hissing, literally hissing. I never knew he spoke Passeltongue...

The sink went up and the grate moved aside revealing a large opening. It looked like a slide... I tapped my dress with a spell so it wouldn't get dirty and followed Tom down. The ground hurt my feet and I was convinced it was bones. "Ouch!" I cried as I stepped on a sharp one. Tom came over and scooped me up, he was still sparkling with excitement. I rested my arm around his neck and Tom walked in farther, there were beautiful snake head statues on either side and smalls pools of water around concrete pathways. It truly was a breath-taking place fit for a Slytherin.

There was a statue of Salazar Slytherin on the wall and Tom set me on the ground. I didn't move my arm from around him though. "It's beautiful." I whispered. Tom pulled me close to him so there was no space between us and he leaned down ever so slightly, his lips were so close as if waiting. Then I understood, he was waiting, Tom being the gentlemen he was; wouldn't force himself upon me, he was silently asking if this is what I wanted. Was this what I wanted? What if things went badly? But things wouldn't, and if they did we'd just be friends again, I hoped.

Smiling, I reached up a little more and touched my lips to his ever so slightly. Tom kissed me back so softly and sweetly. When he finally pulled away we were both smiling and he was laughing. "I've been waiting so long to do that." He whispered and kissed my cheek before scooping me up again. "Now we should go, there's a party up there waiting for us." Tom smiled dazzlingly and I smiled too, happier than I've ever been, I suppose.