Chapter Seven

It had been only ten minutes since we split up when Mr. Elemer sprinted into back into the classroom.

   "Call 911," he panted. "Richard passed out, and Corvus is unconscious on the roof. I don't know how he got there, but his neck is covered with bruises and scratches." Mrs. Daywell didn't hesitate in grabbing her own phone and talking with an operator. Mr. Elemer ran  back to the roof while I texted Rita about the situation. After she and Ms. Rayleigh got to the classroom, all four of us ran to the roof where Mr. Elemer was pacing back and forth. Richard was sitting up with his face hidden between his legs, and Corvus was still motionless on the ground. Ms. Rayleigh headed to the frantic teacher with Mrs. Daywell, and Rita headed over to her psudo-brother. I made a b-line over towards my own friend and gently guided his head into my lap.

   I brushed his long bangs out of his eyes. The natural cold of his skin stung my fingers as did the frigid winter air. He remained completely still as I messed with his hair which caused my worry to increase by ten fold. The faint sound of sirens grew closer and closer as time passed. In ten minutes, Corvus was being carried down two flights of stairs on a stretcher, and Richard was getting help going down the stairs for a check up. Mr. Elemer went along with my dark haired friend as he could watch over him in the hospital until his parents could get off of work to see him. 

   My older sister Rachel didn't have work today, so she was able to pick me up when I asked. She didn't ask any questions, probably because of the look of shock and fear that painted my face. All I could think during the drive was 'What happened?' and 'How did he get those marks on his neck?' with no answer in sight.

   Dad told me later that night that the hospital only knew that he had been strangled by someone, and they thought it was strange that he was still unconscious. The news gave me chills up my spine. At dinner, I couldn't find the will eat, so I excused myself and went to my room to text Rita.

- - - 

MilBriCar: Is Richard okay???

Fashionista: He's fine now, but we don't know what happened. He said he felt cold but :P that's pretty much all. How's Corvus? Do you know what happened to him?

MilBriCar: He hasn't woken up yet. All anyone knows is he was strangled.

Fashionista: Tell me when you get an update. I gtg so night

MilBriCar: Of course. Goodnight

- - -

   I took a deep breath before turning off my phone and plugging it in to charge. Rushing through my nightly routine, I flopped back on my dark green covers. Pulling them up to my neck, I curled into a ball and fell into a fitful sleep. 

   It was cold and dark. I could hear my pulse racing as I tried to make out any features in the pitch black. I jumped when a crazed laughter echoed through the darkness, goosebumps pricking my skin. 

   "Hello?" I called out on instinct. It felt like I was the stupid protagonist in a horror movie. A chill ran up my body as ice cold fingers wrapped around my neck from behind. There was a violent tug which caused me to fall backwards, stealing my breath as it did so. 

   "Goodbye for now, young necromancer. I can't wait to see your plan to save your little star fail," a male voice spoke, his cackling getting further and further away as my dream self continued to fall. Freezing cold air rushed passed me as my speed picked up with no end in sight. Suddenly, I stopped falling and laid suspended in midair. Warm hands set me into a standing position on what I could only assume was the ground of this never ending darkness. I turned around to see a guy in his mid twenties with stark white hair and icy green eyes.

   "Be careful. You can't lose just yet." The man smiled before disappearing as white filled my vision. 

   I shot up from my bed, heading looking out the window to see the moon shining high in the sky. Slowly, I took deep breaths in an attempt to calm down my ragged breathing. Two minutes later I was in the bathroom throwing my guts up, a faint sensation of hands resting around my throat.

   It was pitch black. It has been this way for a while. The last thing I could remember was passing out in the bathroom after the drill started. The bruises on my neck burned like the day I first got them, so I scratched at the invisible hands there until the pain and my consciousness faded. It was also really quiet which added to the unsettling feeling of it all.

   A noise that sounded like laughter startled me. Jumping, I whipped my head around  but couldn't see anything. Suddenly I found myself lying in a hospital bed. Someone must've found me then. Everything was hazy and muted. It felt as if someone shoved my head in a plastic bag. A dark figure appeared above, and it's words cut through the haze like butter.

   "Look at you Little Star. You are finally mine for the taking. I've been waiting a very long time for this. I can use you to destroy this godforsaken town." The familiar voice let out a cold laugh that chilled me to the bone. Pain flooded my senses making it all I could feel. Suddenly, everything went numb as a weightless sensation  replaced the pain.

   "What the-" I whispered, vocal chords finally responding. A rustling noise sounded from behind me, so I quickly turned around. My own body was standing up from the white bed, giving me a dark smile. 

   "It has been such a long time since I've had mortal skin. Do not fret, I'm only borrowing it until this stain is brought down to the ground. Farewell for now." I watched my body walk to the window, breaking it open and jumping out. Attempting to lean on the window sill, I phased through the wall. I could only watch as my body stood up unharmed from the ground and brushed off the dirt that covered my blue gown before it disappeared into the night. 

   Frantic noises sounded from behind me, but I paid no mind. Instead, I flew off to find Miles.

- - -

   "Sirius! You have to stop!"

   "And what makes you think I'll listen to you William. It's your fault I'm like this after all. You took away my best friend. How do you think you'd feel if Gabriel or Millicent were taken away from you?"

   "That doesn't mean I'd resort to killing innocent people who didn't have to get involved with this mess."

   "You wouldn't because they'd never leave you alone. You can't hide from me. I know William Carter."

Í̴̡̡̛͔̜̬͍̠̣̰̯͓̻̤̏͗͆͆̄͌̽́̄̄͘͘͘͝͠ k̵̢̢̧̳͎͖̪̠̗͈̻̖̞̠͕̯̲̖̻̼͓̇͋̉̌̍͠ͅǹ̴͎̹̼̩̩͈̬̤̇̃̅̅̓͐̀̓͝ö̴̡̢̳̰͉̹̙͚̰͕̭͙̲̦̬̳̯̲͕̱͙̘́̿͐͒ẅ̴̨̢̡̙̖͙͎͓͖̮͔͉͕̯͈̤͇̗͖́̐̒͛͆͛́̅́͌̑̔͊̀̿̋͌̀̾̓͠͠͝ ŵ̷̨͔͎̻̬̖͈̤̘͈͙̙̟̣̑͌͛̌́͂̅̔́̋͒̈́̀͠ḫ̸̢̼̖͈̽̆̀͌̕ͅ ạ̴̡̰̪̯̪͉̩͙̟̩̖͎̹͕̖̘͕̈̾̒͜t̶̡̪̣̖̜̭̯̩̰̜͈̪̮͈̉̿͆̎͆̎͆͜͜ y̷̛͈̅̒̎́̽͑̓͑͒̀͒̚̕͠͠͠͝ȯ̸̢͎̦̯̔̂ų̵̰͍̜͈̮͎͍̜̞̞̦̦̩̮̫͆̔̾̀́͌̈́̐͌̍̔͋̎̒͂́ ạ̵̡̡͙̦̜̜̱̗̗̰̖̀̈́̇̋̓͐̔́̅͗͂̓̇̔̀̆̀̚͘̚͜͝͠r̸̢̡̩̬̭̤̠̣͕̰͛͑̍͐̌̈́̇̓̌̽͋́̒̑͆̋̊̒͘͝ę̷̧͙̗͕̮͖͎͔̦̠̰̹͍͖̌̐̈́̋͊̂̌̈́̽͑̆̀͗̂̄̋̂̉́̕͠.̶̢͓̟͎͙̤͎̖͖̤̹̭̬̳͎̫̞͔̘̩̂̋̌̿̽̍̈͐͗̚ͅ

Part One: Completed - 8/26/19