Chapter Thirteen

It was a really touching reunion until Richard passed out. After that we all picked up our aching, exhausted bodies and began the walk to the hospital which was about ten minutes away. Even though the trek took a lot longer than it should of, we all eventually limped into the emergency room entrance. The staff looked at us as if we were insane from the amount of wounds we held but set out to help us instantly.

The head nurse was the one who was helping Megan, Eveline, and me since we all only had relatively small wounds compared to the others. She asked each of us questions about our friends. We each decided to let one person take the lead depending on who knew the most, and the remaining two would just add on. When all of the questions were finally answered, she turned to face me.

"Why did you sneak out of your hospital room? And how did you manage to do it?" she asked while she wrapped bandages around my neck.

"I don't really know either, sorry. My memory from that day until like an hour ago is pretty foggy," I confessed, telling the partial truth. "I'm fine now though, really."

"If you insist," she sighed. It looked like she wanted to say something else, but she didn't. Eveline and Megan were laying against each other across the room watching our interaction with tired eyes. Megan was the first to pass out, quickly followed by Eveline.

"You kids should be put in therapy with your injuries as well as your friends. Whatever hurt you must been deadly seeing your friend Richard's back," she mentioned.

"That will probably be the outcome ma'am, but thank you for the concern.:

"I'll go inform your parents of the situation, so if you need anything, use the call button," she said as she left the room. Finally, I was able to turn my attention to the other teenager in the room. He seemed to be a ghost since no one else reacted to him being there. Cuts and bruises covered him while bloodstains were dried around a hole in his side.

"Sounds rough kid," he mumbled as he floated up from where he was seated on the desk and headed over to the door.

"What happened to you?" It took me a second to realized the words had come out of my mouth. He took a second before turning around to face me.

"Are you talking to me?" he asked surprised. When I nodded, he floated over to me. "How? Wait a minute, weren't you the kid that got possessed by that demon thing?"

"That's me," I said in a monotone voice.

"I'm just shocked you didn't die if I'm honest. I mean, you look already look pretty dead, but you still can chill with the living. That'd be pretty cool if it was such a traumatic experience."

I gave him a small shrug, not knowing how to respond. "You never answered my previous question," I pointed out.

"Bad car crash. I died in the middle of surgery. I heard after that the jackass who did it had been drunk and was speeding. My friend lived which was good, but my killer did too which is total bs. I've pretty much just decided to hang here now since I wanted to be a doctor when I graduated," he explained.

"That's horrible," I said, not knowing how else to respond to that.

"Not your fault kid, so don't apologize," he laughed while ruffling my hair. "I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Marcus Allen."

"Corvus Sallow. Nice to meet you."

"Likewise kid. I hope I don't get to see you around here often."

"Me too." I gave him a small smile as he ruffled my hair one more time before floating out of the room. Laying down on the table thing I was on, I closed my eyes and let myself sleep.