Chapter 1 | The best

As they both rushed into the benches, the spiky boy then caught a certain someone in the corner of his eyes and it wasn't just anyone. It was Riku. What a great way to end the day.

His long silver hair were going all over the place as he dribbled the ball across the surface, sweat slowly going down his cheeks and forehead. Since when did he even started playing basketball? A little pissed off, Sora unintentionally bit his lip as he slid through the students cheering on, quickly making him scream out of pain, mostly of surprise. Kairi, who had spotted their friends, spun around in a second to see if he was alright before realizing who was playing on the field.

"Oh, it's Riku." She said so innocently as if she didn't knew about the rivalry going on with the two of them. She simply didn't cared and just found it stupid. Not even worried anymore, knowing that it was because of the handsome silver man out there, she decided to drag her "heavily injured" best friend across the crowd. Now getting closer to Roxas, Selphie and Xion, Kairi waved at them and quickly made her way towards the empty seats next to them, quickly dropping Sora on the seat as she finally made it. The brown haired kid whined at the girl, but she ignored him and greeted the girls. Ouch. What a great friend. Sora straightened up and turned around to Roxas who was about to say something.

"What happened this time? Did she beat you up because you didn't listened in class?" The blonde grinned at his brother, awaiting for a friendly punch from Sora. He did ended up having one. "Oh c'mon, you know that it's all on you." Roxas carefully rubbed the place he got hit.

"Nah, she didn't beat me up for that. She's used to it at this point. It's just Riku again." He added sass in his words, now staring at the player in question. Roxas followed his gaze to realise that Riku was playing against Tidus and Wakka. His eyes widened as he didn't noticed before. To be honest, he was glued to his phone ever since he got there, only looking up when a goal was made. Blondie looked back at Sora and laughed.

"And how did that happen exactly? Is that why you two were late?" He tried asking Sora, but of course, his brother didn't hear him. Instead, Sora stood up on his bench and shouted to his friends down there.

"Wakka! Tidus! Beat his ass for me!" He dropped his hands from around his mouth as the two guys gave him a thumbs up. Sora was about to sit back down, satisfied, but his eyes couldn't help, but to land on Riku who was giving him a subtle middle finger, subtle enough for the coach to not notice. To make it even worse, the silver head was giving him a smirk as if he was mocking him! (He was) The brunette glared at the teen and sat back down with a growl, not worrying Roxas as he saw everything going down. This rivalry literally became an entertainment for the blonde.

The game went on and the final score ended up 35-40, for Riku's team. The group of friends looked pretty disappointed, but not as much as the two players and Sora. The five friends joined Wakka and Tidus to comfort them, but the mood was ruined as soon as they noticed a certain person coming their way.

"Riku..." Sora said in an un-welcoming tone, crossing his arms. The both of them walked closer to each other until their faces were too close for comfort. Xion didn't liked where this was going and neither was Kairi. Spiky boy then pointed a finger to the tall's chest and pushed forward. "How dare you, giving me the middle finger. You think that you'll get away with it?" He frowned at Riku who seemed unfazed. Still not saying anything, he gently moved his lock of hair behind his ear.

"Pretty much. You're not really strong you know?" He simply said before giving his rival a soft pat on the head. Before the brunette could strike back with an insult, the boy turned around and walked out of the gym.

"C'mon Sora. It's not that big of a deal. You'll get him next time in blitzball." Tidus told the boy, hand on his hip. The group could only see Sora's back, but they could tell he was furious. Well, at least they thought. The kid was actually just embarrassed that Riku gave him a pat on the head, in front of his friends! How frustrating, he told himself, but something did not feel right in his heart.