Comfort

MIDORIYA's POV

It's been a few days and I think today is a good day to talk about Kaachan with Uraraka. I didn't see her that afternoon because Kaachan hanged out with me. Anyways, I knocked on her apartment door but heard no sound. "Uraraka-san! I'm here to see you!" I shouted but silence answeered me. Is she home? She doesn't have any work on Thursdays so it's a day off. "Uraraka-san! Are you there?!" I shouted but no one answered. This is getting me worried. "I'm coming in Uraraka-san!" I shouted and turned the door knob since it was unlocked. It was dark, only dim light coming from behind the curtains provided the light. I closed the door and walked slowly further until the living room. "Uraraka-san! Are you here?!" I shouted when I heard light sobs from my left. I remember that it leads to her bedroom. (I know because I often come for visits) Slowly pushing the door, I asked "Uraraka-san? You in here?" A figure was crying lowly on the bed and I moved closer. "Uraraka-san?" I asked again until I turned on the light and saw her on the bed curled up like a ball.

"Uraraka-san! What happened to you?" I asked in worry as I was on my knees on the side of the bed she was facing. Her eyes looked up to meet mine and her eyes widened. "Deku?!" she asks as she quickly shot up. "Uraraka-san! You're crying!" I say again as I stood up. "Wah?! A-ah! S-sorry you had to see me like this!" she stuttered as she hastens to wipe her tears away. I felt bad looking at her like this. Bags under her eyes, pale skin that seemed to be in need of warmth, red eyes, tear-stained face. Something is definitely wrong. "So Deku, what brings you over?" she asks with the best smile she could give from her situation. This got me more worried. Had she been up the whole night or something?

"I came to talk to you about Kaachan. What happened to you? You don't seem very well," I say and she looked away. "Oh I'm fine-" she was saying when I cut her off. "Don't! You're not fine and your eyes show it! Tell me what's wrong Uraraka. I will try to help you," I say and she looked shocked a bit until she looked down. "I-I...... H-he..." she was saying but I saw her lips quiver. Like she couldn't say it, struggling to say the right words. I moved my gaze to her eyes, they seemed watery and I could tell she's gonna break anytime soon. Out of the blue, I hugged her. She stiffened but relaxed. "You can let it all out first before I will listen to what you'll say," I whisper softly to her and I felt her hug back immediately. Uraraka began to cry loudly and she sounded so broken, like her whole body shattered. I had worry written all over my face as I hear her scream into my shoulder. Hugging her tighter so she could feel more safe.

Her body was really cold and she seemed so weak to even stand up. For the moment, I'll let her bring out all her pain.

FEW MOMENTS LATER- IN THE LIVING ROOM.....

I offerer her some hot coffee as she was sitting on the sofa with a thick blanket wrapped around her. "Thank you Deku," she says in a soft tone and I nodded as I sat beside her. She took a sip then looked at the mug in hand, staring at her reflection on the coffee. "I-it's about K-Katsuki," she answered and I got surprised by the answer. "What did he do? Did he hurt you?" I asked out of concern and she sighed deeply. "At the beginning of the month, I helped him out on a mission where he almost lost. Then I checked up on him the same night. I don't know why but I felt like I wanted to see him. Then the beach trip came and I couldn't face him that time until when I was alone, he saud sorry and never spoke to me for a few days. I got so worried that I chased after him one night I saw him. Pleaded him to be okay again. Then I gave him   chance to show me his love. After some time of being together, a few days ago, he told me I'm his girlfriend then. I felt so happy Deku, but it was gone yesterday," she told me while her hands were trembling. I held them and they were so cold. She seemed to calm down as she inhaled deeply.

"H-he b-broke up w-with me," she answered and my eyes widened. Why would he do that?! "Now..... Everytime I look at this necklace....... I just feel so..... Empty," she says as she takes out a ruby necklace. She smiled and hot tears fell down her pink cheeks. I'm just in shock of everything. So they have been together the whole time? Wait, he broke up with her?! "Why would he do this?" I mumbled. "He only talked shit about me as his reason," she answered as she smiled more with more tears falling. I hate seeing her like this any longer! If she has to smile, she has to be happy!

"Don't worry Uraraka! I will talk to Kaachan about this!" I said with anger in my voice. Kaachan just dumped her like that?! It boiled me that he never really saw her as a comrade in high school but now that she loves him, he just did this?! I felt a tug on my sleeve shaking me out of my thoughts. "Don't do amything Deku, it's okay," she tells me. "No! No it's not okay! Uraraka, he dumped you, and as your closest friend, I won't allow you to be depressed like this!" I shouted which shocked her. I sighed and apologized which she kindly accepted. "And you? Why are you here Deku?" she asked. Ah! Almost forgot about that.

"I came to talk to you about Kaachan," I answered firmly and she nodded slowly. She is so tired so I'll just make it quick. "He's been acting differently, have you noticed?" I asked and she nods. "He had been ignoring me and acted coldly to me," she said. "Well, in my case, he had been completely not himself. He was like you in every way except more lively. And most of the time, he talked with me about ny moves using my quirk and even train with me. This is so strange," I tell her and she nods. "I wonder what happened to him?" she asks and I shrugged. "This is something worth a closer look. I'll talk to Kaachan about you later. Don't worry," I say trying to reassure her and make her a bit happy.

"I'll ask him what his reason is so I can help you," I say and she weakly smiled. "Thanks Deku but you know you don't have to," she says and I shook my head. "I am your friend. And I want my friend to be happy. So let me be for you," I say as I held her hand and stared into her eyes. She smiled as a single tear fell down her cheek. "I'm so lucky to have someone like you Deku," she says as she hugs me and I hugged back with a little blush on my cheeks. "I'm here," I say and hugged her back.

We stayed like that for a while until I let go of her. "You need some well deserved rest. Try to relax and sleep," I say and she nods. "Yeah, I really do need it," she states while rubbing her eyes. Well of course, crying for a whole night is tiring. "Well, I'll go on ahead then," I say as I stood up. "Thanks for coming," she says and I nodded. I got out of the apartment and went on my way to the agency Kaachan works at. He must have his reasons, so they must be good ones.

A while passed when I arrived at Kaachan's agency. Entering, I asked the person by the lobby if Ground Zero was here and he said he was in his office. I was gonna head there until I got a text from Kaachan. Right at the moment. "Hey buddy, come over at my house. I got someone you have to meet!" Might as well go since I plan to meet with him now. Putting my phone back in my pocket, I headed towards his apartment and arrived quite early. Knocking on his door, he opened them a few seconds after. "Hey man! You're here!" he says and pulls me in. "So glad you could come over," he says while ruffling my hair. "Uh... Sure, who is the person you want me to meet?" I asked as he led me to his living room.

"Him" he says as he pointed at a younger looking boy in front of me. He seems quite familiar to someone but I decided to not question. "Hello, I'm Midoriya," I say, reaching out my hand so he could take it. "Glad to meet you finally," he says in a bit low tone as he shook mine but squeezed it a bit. "My name is Taro, Taro Mai," he says and my eyes widened. "Wh-" I was gonna say something until I felt my neck getting hit from behind. I fell to the floor, my vision leaving me. The last thing I saw was Taro smirking at me.