2. The closet

The music box set in to motion. Little girls and boys in fancy clothes rode on white horses, round and round like on a tiny carousel. Pachelbel's Canon in D major started playing with little plinging sounds.

Alvida reached out her arm and - with her forefinger with light pink nail polish on - pressed the white, round ball on top of the tent-roof of the carousel. 

The music stopped. Alvida stretched her arms up and yawned so big a relatively large orange would fit in her mouth. The wide opening then closed in and formed into a smile. Little butterflies flew from her toes, had an argument in her belly, continued upwards and disappeared out her head. 

Party-time! But first, she had to figure out what to wear. And she couldn't do that alone!

The down covers flew of her massive canopied bed as Alvida jumped out and rushed to the flower ornament on the wall beside the door. She lifted off the pink lilly and held it to her mouth wile she pressed one of the leaves down.

"Did you have a nice nap Princess?" A warm, kind of wrinkly female voice was heard.

"Yes. Very much so," Alvida replied. "Can you send in the girls? And some food. For all of us."

"Certainly Princess. What do you want for lunch?" The old, invisible lady asked.

"Oh I don't know, maybe some croissants. And doughnuts. And a few cupcakes too."

"Great, I'll have it sent up for you."

"Thank you Mildred," Alvida said and hung up the lilly.

She tripped over to her giant white-gold closets. The old, crooked man - who lived and worked from his house in the not so fancy part of Balmung town - barely got done with etching all of the images from Alvida's favourite fairytalebook on the doors before he died. It left his children with a much nicer heritage though.

Alvida loved her closets. No one had as big and beautiful as her. But she really needed them. How else would she fit all of her dresses?

She opened the beautifully ornamented door with the pink rhinestone knob. A cascade of bright, sparkly fabrics hung neatly in a long row. Everything from tulle, to velvet, to silk. Alvida's eyes wandered from one side to the other, and landed on a dark blue wonder of a dress.

It was strapless, with a corset made out of sparkly stones over a big silk skirt that had layers and layers of tulle underneath to make it really poofy. It would go so well with her shoes.

She pulled it off of its hanger - tore down the dresses on each side of it as well - and held it up against her chest. She was pretty sure that this was the one. But had to wait for the final approval from the girls. That this was the dress that she looked the most perfect in.

Alvida always had to do some pirouettes , just to check that the dress spread out the right way.
The music played up - at least in her own head - as she twirled across the room till she got so dizzy she had to stop and lean against the bed post. Two birds sat in her window and tweeted happily to her dance.

Alvida straightened up and went over to the doves, raised her hand and swung at them as hard as she could. They flew flurry away with a few feathers less.

Eew! Alvida did not want those dirty, flying rats in her bedroom. She looked down on her hand, threw the dress on the bed and ran in to her en-suite bathroom, where she washed it thoroughly with her strawberry soap. She was not going to get Sars or something. Not tonight.

Alvida took a few deep breaths and calmed herself down by studying her own reflection in the beautiful, amethyst surrounded mirror. The face starring back at her wasn't to bad either.