[3]

[THREE]

"I deserve for you to turn away. I was ashamed to speak your name. I can't believe that all you see is that you have covered me gracefully. You're all I want to be. You're all I want to be. You're all I'll ever need."

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

MANIPULATION.

He knew he was manipulating Jaehyun into what he wanted. But if you wanted something so badly, so earnestly, what other options were you left with?

Taeyong knew he wasn't cured — he wasn't healed from all of the abuse he put his body through, his deranged mind being the steering wheel for everything he's done. He wasn't healthy, mentally or physically, but what's done is done and what the future held, he wasn't sure he cared anymore. As long as he wasn't locked up in a mental hospital, regardless of his intentions, he would be apathetic towards the situation.

He didn't make Jaehyun take the pen out, but since he was physically incapable of taking care of himself at the moment, the other had to be the one to wash the blood up and try to reattach the medical tape somehow. He went to the front desk of this hospital ward and requested for a roll, and they had happily handed him one without questioning.

This was all so embarrassing for Taeyong; he didn't think he'd be more embarrassed in his life. But Jaehyun was so caring and tender towards him, despite the crushing of trust he'd inflicted on literally everyone, regardless.

Taeyong didn't speak when Jaehyun had rolled the medical tape around his scars — he felt so vulnerable and sad, he didn't even think his parents saw them this up close. He wouldn't have ever let Jaehyun see them — let alone near them — if what happened hadn't.

"I'm so sorry."

"Stop, Taeyong. You promise me you won't do it again, right?"

"Y-yeah."

Jaehyun smiled softly, dimples sinking into his cheeks as he put the tape on the counter in Taeyong's room. "That's a promise secured," he spoke, going to sit in the chair next to Taeyong he had pulled up from the corner of the room. His hand hovered in between himself and the boy on the white bed, Taeyong staring at it bleakly before he noticed Jaehyun's pinky sticking out of his fist.

Taeyong tried to smile, but the act appeared empty, except for a small shimmer of amusement in the smaller's deer-like eyes. He hesitantly linked his pinky with Jaehyun's, who seemed content with it, a little smile still drawn on his lips as he let go of Taeyong's smaller finger.

Taeyong looked down to his arm, nibbling the insides of his cheeks.

Jaehyun pulled out his phone and typed something, asking, "What would you like for lunch? I heard there's a new restaurant near the hospital."

Taeyong shrugged carelessly, though a panic waved inside his mind. "I don't know."

Jaehyun looked up to him. "Then we'll just get food there. I might be awhile, traffic sucks in this city," he said, typing something else in his phone. "Is that okay?"

Taeyong rolled his eyes; he hated how Jaehyun was speaking to him — like he wasn't his friend. Friends didn't tip-toe around you, and ask if you were okay with everything, as if he would blow up because of one misdemeanor or understanding. A caretaker does that — someone who pities your unfortunate situation does that. It hurt. "Yes that's fine," he mumbled.

"I'm just making sure you're alright with it."

Taeyong pursed his lips and nodded.

Jaehyun stood up and threw his jacket over his shoulders, pocketing his phone. "I'll go get your monitor and make sure he knows I'll be gone for awhile," he stated, moving towards the door.