[14]

[FOURTEEN]

"Lost and insecure, you found me, you found me. Lying on the floor, surrounded, surrounded. Why'd you have to wait? Where were you? Where were you? Just a little late. You found me, you found me."

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

THE boy pattered off the bus, smiling gently at a Thai male who had his face basically pressed against the window yelling at him about how they're going to hangout soon, and something about 'never leaving him alone again', which Taeyong couldn't figure out whether to feel warmly comforted or downright terrified.

Anyhow, he giggled at Ten who stuck his tongue out before the bus drove off down the street, leaving the Korean at his front doorstep. Taeyong sighed and hauled his huge book bag that was almost half the size of him to the house, and when opening the door, he heard shouts from down the hallway.

"Taeyong! You're home!" Yeontae squeaked and rushed towards the petite boy. His book bag was slipped off his back when the older girl scooped him up in her arms, squeezing him so tightly that it made him wheeze. She only loosened her grip a little to ruffle his soft hair, asking in a pitchy and cheery voice, "How did your first day back go?"

"If you'd let me breathe, I'd have enough air in my lungs to tell you," Taeyong peeped out, so she grinned and gave him one last squeeze before dropping the poor boy to the floor.

"How'd It go?" she questioned eagerly once again, leading him to the living room.

Taeyong grudgingly dragged his book bag full of textbooks to the couch, afterwards plopping down on it in utter exhaustion. He played with a string of his hair as he said monotonously, "It was terrible."

Her eyebrows raised, hands clutching the pillow next to her tightly. "Really?"

"No," Taeyong grumbled, "it was fine, really. Just super awkward and uncomfortable. Like apparently all the teachers know everything and it feels like my privacy was invaded, I guess."

Yeontae crossed her arms, leaning back further onto the leather cushions. "They really told them? That fucking sucks, little man. I'm sorry," she frowned, gazing at him with warm eyes. Despite her careless attitude, she always had the kindest demeanor. "Does anybody else at school know?"

Taeyong mimicked his sister as he sank into the couch, letting pillows engulf his entire being. He was glad to be home, but it sucked that now he was stuck with a shit load of homework and had to do this all over again tomorrow. He fluttered his eyelashes shut. "Ten does," he said, jawline visible as his head tipped to face the ceiling. "And so does Jaehyun, of course." He didn't hide the distaste when speaking the boy's name.

"Yeah, I was wondering—what's up with you and that kid? It seems like you guys get along but then suddenly you lash out at him," he could hear the grin in her words when she spoke this part, "sorta like a love-hate relationship."

Taeyong lowered his head back down to stare at his sister with scrutinizing orbs. "Lash out? Where have you seen that?" he nearly spit out, gaze narrowing.

Her grin grew wider. "Well, first off, that moderator you had at the hospital wasn't really the best guy at keeping secrets. He was a cool dude though, we talked for awhile. Anyway, I also heard and saw you and Jaehyun arguing outside your hospital room before you came down and mom checked you out.