[5]

[FIVE]

"Come across like it's so easy, but I feel like you don't need me. When I feel like you don't need me then I feel like you don't see me and my life has no meaning, drain me."

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

THE coffee shop was quaint and very cozy, despite the trendy atmosphere buzzing with quiet voices and contemporary, stark black and white modern style. Baekhyun had added that he came here quite often, and that it was his favorite cafe by far. Taeyong could see why, but excluding Baekhyun's reassuring hand on his shoulder and the friendly, open smiles that the workers would flash him, he wanted to melt into the walls and disappear so no one could see him.

In his mind, everything was distorted and negative. Taeyong was convinced that the couple sitting in the corner of the room was talking bad about him. He was convinced that everyone was watching his every move, and was judging him critically. He was so anxious and scared of everything — and although he didn't know it, he was being delusional.

Nobody cared. And that was the honest truth.

Baekhyun's brown eyes flickered to the boy, and once seeing the blatant insecurity and perturbation, they were instantly set aflame in worry. "Let's go to the patio to watch the sunset, okay? I don't think anyone is out there," he suggested, earning a nod from the younger.

The patio, just as Baekhyun had expected, was tranquil and calming; there was not a single other soul vacating the area and was void of anyone's trilling voice. The floors were a shiny black tile, and circular tables that matched were strategically placed in spots where it was easier to see the sky. Flourishing green plants dangled from the ceiling in little white pots, along with a string of yellow fairy lights, adding to the serene vibe. Because of the higher elevation where the coffee shop was located, the sunset was indeed much easier to view from beyond the horizon.

Baekhyun led Taeyong to one of the best seats and they had both sat down.

The patient looked out from besides him, his eyes shining as he watched the pretty, yellow sunlight start slipping below trees and buildings, the light reflecting in his gaze and sharpening his features, engulfing his skin in a warm, natural glow. He shivered when a breeze had passed, but quickly got over it and focused his attention on the blush pink skies and glittering stars that began to appear the further up you looked, almost naked to the eye. He breathed in the fresh, tepid air, letting his eyelashes flutter as the wind picked up again, but this time, the air was a lot more warm and pleasant.

"Taeyong, you're very beautiful."

Taeyong's attention diverted to Baekhyun, a pink similar to the skies tainting his cheeks. He didn't say thank you, but instead smiled, and the act alone spoke for itself. Because this time it was different — he showed his perfectly white teeth, and his eyes seemed to be smiling as well. They were dazzling — a pretty brown flecked with shards of yellow by the sun, and gave off a feeling of innocency and delicacy — delicate may he be, but Baekhyun knew as well as anybody that those gorgeous eyes had seen many things that they shouldn't have, and it made the older's heart ache.

Baekhyun stared at the boy in fondness, afterwards gazing away to his left at the sky. "I don't think you heard that enough," he spoke lightly, mind referring to Taeyong's visible self-consciousness and aversion. He didn't — and couldn't — understand how someone like him could land in a place where he was. It seemed like a waste; a waste of a perfectly capable young boy who seemed, so far, to have a kind heart.