The Pier Kiss

Later that night

Oswald had dozed off at his desk his sleep patterns were all wrong from staying up all night, worrying about Ed. Uncomfortably slouched over he rested his tired, heavy eyes on his folded arms. Just a minute, he thought which quickly spiraled into at least an hour. His power nap came abruptly to a screeching halt when he woke up to the loud phone ringing.

"Hello? Ed?" Oswald said becoming wide awake. Aside from the loud noise the thought of hearing Ed's voice energized him.

"No this is Jim, are you sure you're okay?" Jim said on the other end of the line.

"Yes yes what is it?" Oswald said sitting straighter up rubbing the tiredness from his eyes away, after finding out it wasn't Ed he became much more disappointed to talk to someone.

"Someone said they saw a man fitting Ed's description near the pier-" Jim began to say.

"Ughhhh of course! The Pier!" Oswald said both excitedly and in shock that he now had a chance to find Ed, he had perked straight up and had destiny coursing through him.

"It could be nothing-" Jim got in again, but Oswald just hung up on him.

Oswald waited in the back of his car, it felt like forever, he couldn't be sure it was even Nygma but he pushed that thought back. He watched faces pass as he drove by seeing each person and understanding they could be going through something similar or worse, it gave him a sonder feeling. It calmed his nerves. The pier was long and smelled like the polluted lake that had been a waste land for garbage, chemicals and bodies for years. It was a cloudy day, the sun just trying to poke through the gaps, when deeper in the city its harder to feel the icy breeze. Without the tall buildings as cover on the pier it was cold. Admittedly he dressed nicer than usual, a long flowing jacket with a tight waist coat, sticking with his famous black and purple colour scheme.

Oswald stepped out of the car giving orders to the driver to stay in the car until he returns. His cane hit the ground first, just looking at the long walk ahead he could already feel his leg starting to ache. Alone he strolled, no one else was around. Although he was so wrapped up in his own head the walk felt short, it felt like he just stepped out of the safe warm car and now he was on the edge looking into the murky green water. Oswald was started to think Ed wasn't here and how he was never going to find him which would mean he let his soulmate slip between his fingers.

"Oswald." A voice calls out to the right of him, walking out from behind some crates. It scared Oswald but ultimately he knew what this meant so he quickly turned his body to see Edward Nygma.

"Ed oh thank God!" Oswald said with great relief, he had a big dumb smile on his face, he couldn't help himself, just seeing Ed. He wanted to run up to him and melt in his strong arms and feel the comfort a hug from him would be. It had been too long since he felt the embrace of Ed.

"You found me." Ed said maniacally and slowly. He looked disheveled, he was wondering Gotham bouncing place to place without take care of his outer appearance, but that didn't seem to bother either of them.

"Wait- I know your tone- you wanted me to come here, alone." Oswald said with his mouth open in shock, taking a step back from Ed. The plan he thought of where he could magically swipe Ed off his feet and carry him home was realistic but now he sees he was dreaming. Ed had the perfect opportunity to kill Oswald right there on the end of the pier, his body to fall in the water. Perfect execution.

"Oswald, what you did- it was unforgivable I loved her and you killed her." Ed said in a deep voice as he pulled out a larger handgun then he previously used on him out of his jacket, Oswald looked scared. He was wasn't expecting this, Ed to kill him.

"Do you know why I did it?" Oswald softly asks, his cheeks were becoming a rosy shade of pink as the vicious winds smacked his face .

"What of course, you were jealous." Ed said confused by the easy question.

"It was more than that, you are the second person in my life I love more than anything, someone I would do anything for. Each layer of them more perfect than the next, but you never noticed me. I want to spend every moment with you. I love you Ed, and you forced me to watch you be with Isabella. Not only that but I had to pretend like I wanted you to be with her. Isabella wasn't like us, she would never understand what we are and what we believe in." Oswald says walking closer to Ed and the extended arm holding a gun. "I know you cared about her, I'm sorry Ed." Ed's expression subtly changed to show the perplexing feelings he was experiencing. The anger he was feeling was fading away, looking at Oswald. He couldn't stay mad at him for some reason.

"Oswald don't you see I love you too! I'm avoiding you because every time I look at you I see her and how hopeful she was, how she saw me! We were going to start a life together now she's gone!" Ed said raising his voice to counter Oswald's soft tone. Ed didn't know he loved Oswald, it was all so sudden but he knew somewhere deep down and so it just spilled out to shut Oswald up.

"I couldn't stand to see you with someone else every day when i've been here waiting for you!- " Oswald began to say with loud passion, when he abruptly got cut off. Time froze staring deeply into Ed's golden brown eyes when he noticed them getting closer to him, Oswald stood paralyzed still not sure what was happening. In a split second Edward's soft lips were on his. He kissed him. A moment of passion and anger changed to love. Oswald didn't kiss him back for a second, he just became stiff, he thought he was confused before. Oswald took a second, closed his green eyes and kissed the taller man back.

Ed dropped the weapon on the weather worn wood dock, he needed to free his hands, he slid them up the sides of Oswald's arms. Feeling the heavy fabric against his sensitive hands until he felt the angelic face. Oswald started to giggle, he couldn't keep it in he was overwhelmed with happiness. Ed continued to kiss him, which quickly turned into making out with him. This isn't what Ed had predicted was going to happen but it felt so right.

"Ed-" Oswald began to say pulling away from the tight grip Ed had on him.

"I know, it's complicated." Ed said out of breath, unable to rationalize what he was doing. "Love makes you do crazy things." He finished with before leaning down again to give Oswald one last small kiss. Oswald just stared at him in awe, he didn't know what to expect after this exchange.