The Morning After

The Morning

Ed and Oswald spent all night cuddling they were exhausted from the previous night allowing them both to sleep well into the afternoon. Ed woke up first, he squinted as his eyes weren't used to the natural sunlight shining through the gaps in the curtain. It felt like a normal morning until Ed quickly remembered that Oswald was fast asleep beside him, Ed put on his glasses and saw Oswald peacefully engulfed by his pillow beside him. The light lit up Oswald's face, shining on his soft freckles as his eye's were still gently closed. He could get a much clearer view in daylight of his little face and pointed nose. Ed was happy this was how he was supposed to live, with Oswald not hiding his feelings he's suppressed for so long. With his hand he brushed the side of his sleeping lovers cheek.

"Good morning." Ed said with a big smile generally still waking up himself. Oswald didn't react at first he just twitched his face.

"Oh my God." Oswald said with a raspy morning voice followed by a sound of discomfort. "I- everything hurts." He added with a slight smile at him. Ed scooted forward and kissed the tired boys lips, Oswald was sore and Ed could see that so he resisted his urges and left him with biting Oswald's lip. Ed wasn't one stay in bed after he was already awake. While Oswald started to wake up, Ed carefully searched around the room for the clothes he was originally wearing. He slipped back on his boxers that were bunched up in his sweatpants and an unbuttoned dress shirt from his wardrobe. He threw a robe at the bed for Oswald to wear. Oswald watched Ed look through his closet, just admiring the beauty.

"Are you staring at me?" Ed asked looking over at the bed where Oswald was now sitting up putting on the robe. He started to blush and hid behind the open door of his dresser.

"Uh maybe." Oswald said unable to take his eyes off Ed. He couldn't help but stare at the figure standing in front of him, he had the perfect toned body. Oswald liked it very much, but it made him self conscious of his rounder figure.

 "Wait oh no, ahh" Oswald added as if a sudden realization came over him. The mood of hazy, flirtatious banter was interrupted. He tried to get up but stopped himself to slow down as he was quite sore.

"What?" Ed asked him shocked, he walked over to the bed where he helped Oswald to his feet. Oswald was visibly annoyed as he grabbed Eds arm tightly, clearly in more pain than usual, but Ed did everything he can to support him.

"Barbara Kean, she's coming today. I was so distracted I forgot I never came up with a plan." Oswald said waving his hands in the air, still in Ed's robe he got his cane that was on the ground and went as fast as he could to his room to start getting dressed.

"Wait what are you talking about?" Ed said rushing to get each leg into his pants on so he could follow Oswald wherever he was going. While Oswald was speed walking he started explaining.

"Barbara's coming today, uh she deduced I killed Isabella because well I guess I'm not that good at hiding my feelings so she was going to blackmail me to give her men, weapons and other stuff like that today in order for her not to tell you." Oswald finished talking just outside his walk in closet where he stepped in and closed the door behind him.

"Wow you were going to do that?" Ed asked through the door looking around at Oswald's large and extravagant room. It was definitely the master bedroom, it was double the size of Ed's.

"I didn't want to risk losing you as a friend you're too important to me but I just couldn't live not telling you how I feel and you saying how secrets never end well, I just subconsciously blurted it out. So since that worked out she doesn't have anything on me." Oswald said with some grunts in between words as he was struggling to get his clothes on.

"You were willing to do all that for me? Lose everything you've worked for?" Ed said shocked that he would do that, knowing how hard he's worked and struggled for what he has.

"I would do anything for you." Oswald said smiling but Ed didn't know that. "I need a plan that would humiliate her and teach her not to mess with us. I am not a man to be trifled with."

"You could beg her one last time to not make you go through with this deal then, when she says something like "You wouldn't want Ed to know..." Then I walk in and say "Know what" really dumbly then go off whatever she response with. Hopefully then she'll see that you don't get enough credit. " Ed said off the top of his head. "Are you okay in there?" Ed chuckled walking around his room but still staying close to the closet.

"Knowing the uh circumstances, I'm going as fast as I can and your plan is brilliant, as long as you're okay with it. I'll enjoy this and watching her face when we destroy her." Oswald said right before swinging the door open.

"Wow Mr. mayor, you look great." Ed flirted with Oswald. He looked up at him and smile.

"Breakfast?" Oswald asked him, they were both starved after a night of energetic activities. Together they nodded and went to get food, still relatively slow.

Most of Oswald's minions were hovering around the lounge, they had to walk through together to get to the dining room.

"Do you think they noticed?" Oswald asked Ed quietly while they walked.

"Do you mean your already noticeable limp becoming significantly worse or how we loudly made love last night or how cute you are?" Ed responded "Because if so yes, maybe, definitely." Oswald just made a little smirk and bumped his shoulder into Ed.

They sat together at their dining table while Olga brought out rounds of breakfast food. Ed was too focused on eating as much as he can as he was beyond hungry and so was Oswald but every once in a while he would look up at Ed and feel like the luckiest man in the world, his dreams were coming true. He couldn't imagine a better outcome of expressing how he feels. Although he didn't want to scare Ed with labels yet he wanted to desperately be his boyfriend. Just so everyone knew Ed was off limits. Oswald didn't want to keep his hands off Ed, he just wanted to keep loving and being with every part of his body.

"I want to be your boyfriend hmm sorry uh." Ed said abruptly in the middle of eating darting his eyes away from Oswald.

"I want that too." Oswald said reaching over to put his cold hands on top of Ed's. "I've always wanted that." He added with a compassionate smile. They were in love, love was blinding them and made Ed forget that not long ago he wanted to kill him. 

"I don't want there to be any doubt that I want to be with you, I love you." Ed said quietly to Oswald. After everything that's happened, Ed just wanted Oswald to know he wasn't going anywhere. 

"Your tantalizing Edward Nygma." Oswald laughed

Ed started to blush as he felt his cheeks redden, but he was still uncomfortable with other people knowing about them. So he just awkwardly laughed.

"You don't have to worry about what other people think- if that's what you're worried about." Oswald reassuringly said.

"Yes we do, we've built names for ourselves this- people won't take us seriously anymore, you'll lose their respect." Ed nervously said turning his hand over to interlock their fingers.

"If anyone disrespects me i'll do what I always have to do, kill them and if they ever talk bad about what we do behind closed doors i'll slowly kill them. Besides Barbara's been through this with Tabitha." Oswald said squeezing his hand with rage, just thinking if anyone has the audacity to be homophobic to him or Ed.

"It won't be like Barbara, she's different. I just think we should keep it on the down low." Ed was still worried.

"If you want, yeah." Regretfully Oswald agreed to Ed's wishes despite the fact he wanted to show Ed off to everyone because he was stupidly in love. There was a little bit of tension growing in the room between them but, they just directed their attention to the plate of food in front of them.