The Plan

"Sir Barbara Kean is here to see you." A woman with a clipboard said poking her head in where they were still eating. Instinctively Ed let go of Oswald's hand as fast as he could, acting like a parent just walked in on him, shooting his eyes at the ground.

"I'll be there in a minute." Oswald responded taking one last drink and standing up. His face scrunched up with discomfort. "It's show time." He said looking at Ed who stood up too.

"You'll do great." Ed said going to Oswald to adjust the collar on his shirt to cover the purple hickey from last night. Oswald just stared up at his smooth skin glistening over him, the soft touch of Ed's skin looked airbrushed in all lighting. "I'll miss you." Ed said parting Oswald with a goodbye kiss before sending him off.

"Barbara, we have much to discuss." Oswald said pointing and the seats that were in front of a sturdy desk Oswald had already placed himself behind. "I can't go through with this deal."

"It's simple Oswald you give me what I want or Ed knows your dirty murdery secret." Barbara said with sass in her voice, thinking her plan was indisputable. She sat confidently with her legs crossed in her long tight pink dress that had white fur around the collar that tickled her neck.

"Please- Barbara you can't tell him, but what your asking for is unreasonable, I've worked for this please let's figure something out." Oswald said playing into the "pathetic victim" card and doing it very convincingly.

"Wow begging that's a new low even for you, you must really like this clown but i'm not budging." Barbara chuckled looking down at her nails, in a mocking way. She felt on top and that's where she's happy, especially when it involves throwing people under the bus.

"I- do." He said sounding sad almost like he had given up. "He's the most important thing to me- how would you feel If You were dead to Tabitha." Oswald suggested

"He. Doesn't. Love. You. get over it . But if you want to stay all buddy-buddy with him, I suggest doing what I say, you wouldn't want him to find out you killed Isabella, would you." She teasingly said looking him dead in the eyes.

"No, I didn't." Oswald said smugly, now his plan was starting to reveal itself.

"Didn't?" Perplexed Barbara asked Oswald, when she started to understand what was going on. When all of a sudden the quiet room is interrupted by the swinging open of doors. Edward Nygma walked in with a smile and Barbara froze. Catching on she realized she had been set up, seeing now that she was completely powerless in this situation.

"Yeah." Ed butted in answering Barbara's question.

"You know Oswald killed Isabella?!" She said at first shocked, which quickly turned into a fiery rage deep down. "Why didn't you kill him? she was the love of your life and he took her from you!" She asked Ed, not understanding how Ed could be okay with this but at the same time manipulating him into trying to see everything wrong Oswald's done. Ed walked more into the room and sat on the corner of Oswald's desk.

"No- she wasn't the love of my life. Hes right here." Ed said with a slight smirk on his face. At that moment he knew he was going to have to tell Barbara about them so he held his breath as he reached over to hold Oswald's hand that was resting on the desk. Oswald welcomed the warm touch of Ed and tightly squeezed his hand back.

"You have to be shitting me." Barbara said in a saddened voice, standing up. "You're unreasonable Nygma! You loved her! Ugh!"

"Boo hoo, guess you're not as clever as you thought." Oswald said also standing up and looking at Ed with the biggest smile he could find. 

"I'll get you bird boy! Both of you! I'll run you out of this God-forsaken city" Barbara shouted stormed out, not looking at them any longer, slamming the door behind her which shook the room. She was pissed, she couldn't manipulate anyone and didn't get the load of supplies she thought she was going to get.

Oswald just gave Ed a kiss even though if was only on the side of his mouth. Oswald went back to just looking at Ed for a few more seconds when he bit his own lip and smirked. Oswald walked round the side of the desk to be able to look straight at Ed who was still sitting up on the desk.