5

(Dabi)

I was walking home from school when I heard shuffling from a nearby alley. I peaked in as I passed, seeing it was a gang beating up a student. A student wearing a UA uniform. With blue hair. Before I could even process what I was doing, I had dropped my backpack and was running into the alley. I put my hand on one of the men's faces and heated it up, not enough to do major damage, that was for later. I pulled him back by his face and shoved him into the wall. I immediately dove for Shigaraki and pulled him out of the alley. I set him down by my backpack just as another one of the men charged me. Seeing as how they were all in the alley, I did something that I hate doing. I used my Quirk, stopping them all in their places with a huge blast of fire. I heard them scream in pain as the fire came in contact with their skin. I bit my tongue and turned back to Shigaraki. He probably thought I was a monster.

"Hey Shigaraki. Where's your house? I'll walk you home."

"Um no. That's okay, I can manage." He stood and started walking, and I didn't move to intercept him. If he didn't want me to walk him home, then I wouldn't push. I bent down to pick up my backpack, and was surprised when my knees buckled and I collapsed. I lay there, head on my backpack, unable to move. I immediately knew why. It wasn't from someone's Quirk. The truth is, I'm exhausted. Dad's been working me day and night, and I guess my body had reached it limit. I heard footsteps approaching and made a futile attempt to get up. I was surprised to see Shigaraki's face enter my field of vision.

"Hey..."

"Um, Todoroki, are you okay?"

"Just peachy."

"We don't have time for sarcasm. Just what's wrong with you."

"T..."

"Hey Todoroki, stay with me."

"I'm fine. You shhh..." Shigaraki sighed and hauled me up, looping my arm over his shoulder.

"Hey nooo, you d-" I started coughing, which probably wasn't good.

"God, do you not take care of yourself?"

"Of c-course I do. It's, It's p-probably just a c-cold." We started walking, we eventually ended up at what I guess is Shigaraki's house. He opened the door and practically had to drag me over to the couch. Once I was on the couch, he left the room, mumbling to himself. He came back and dumped a bucket of ice on me, then left, still mumbling to himself. What bugged me was the fact that I didn't even have enough energy to protest, so I just went with it. By the time he came back, the ice was half melted.

"So, Todoroki. Just what it going on with you."

"Told you, probably just a cold."

"Are you sure that's it?"

"Probably."

"That isn't a good enough answer."

"Well, I don't know what to tell you."

"Well, I think this is more than a cold. You were fine until that big blast of fire. I'm also guessing that your Quirk has side effects, and since your brother has an ice Quirk, I'm guessing that you shouldn't be doing those big flashy attacks, huh?"

"Why do you care?"

"Because this only happened because you decided to go all hero and save me. You don't even have a provisional license."

"Actually, I do. My dad forced me and my siblings to get them so we could get 'an early start on establishing ourselves as heros'." Shigaraki narrowed his eyes.

"Fine, whatever. Get some sleep, then I'll walk you home tomorrow."