10

(Tomura)

I entered the class and walked up to our teacher, Mrs. Kayama, and told her that Todroki would be missing class today. She simply nodded and I went and took my seat. One of Todoroki's friends turned towards me.

"So what'd you do Shigaraki? We all saw you and Toya go home together yesterday."

"He's sick, just relax. He'll be back when he's better."

"Yeah? And how'd he get sick? You curse him or something?"

"Don't be ridiculous, why would I do that? He's just been overworked by his dad is all. That's what got him sick." His friend dropped the subject, and we were all surprised when Todoroki stumbled into English. He waved to Present Mic and sat down behind me. Toga turned around and stared at him, then caught me doing the same thing. I glared at her as she giggled, turning back around. After class, I turned to Todoroki.

"I thought I told you to stay home."

"And I did, for awhile."

"But you're still sick."

"Eh, I'll be fine."

"I don't know about this Todoroki. You should be resting."

"I told you, I'll be fine. Relax." He got up and walked over to a group of his friends and started talking to them. We met up at the end of the day, walking back to my house. I was disappointed to see my dad's car in the driveway. I sighed and walked in, trying my best to stand in front of Todoroki. My dad looked up from his newspaper.

"Tomura, who is that?"

"This is...An acquaintance of mine, Todoroki Toya."

"And what is he doing here? He looks terrible. You still hanging out with the right people?"

"Yes Dad. The scars are just a side effect of his Quirk."

"Oh really? My apologies." I dragged Todoroki back to the guest bedroom.

"Sorry about my dad."

"No it's fine. At least he seems concerned about you." I nodded and we sat on the bed for awhile. My dad eventually called for me to come and do something for him, which meant I was leaving Todoroki alone. I got up and found my dad struggling with a case of beer.

"Hey Tomura, disintegrate this, yeah?" I sighed but did what he asked. There had only been one case where I hadn't done what he asked, and I had learned my lesson.

"So that guy, he stayin' here or somethin'?"

"Yeah. I guess he just needed a break from his dad."

"Oh, and who's his dad?"

"I think it's Endeavor." My dad stopped, halfway through popping the cap of a bottle of beer.

"Like...The pro hero, Endeavor?"

"Yeah, who else?"

"I'm sorry Tomura, but he can't stay here."

"What? Why not?"

"He's Endeavor's son. Who knows how unstable he is? You saw what his brother did during the Sports Festival, right? He's dangerous."

"No, he's actually really nice!"

"Really? Someone who's 'nice' shouldn't be covered in scars like he is."

"Dad! You can't just say that!" That's when I saw Todoroki leave, shutting the door behind him. I ran after him, only wearing a pair of sweatpants, a shirt with a cat on it and my socks.

"Todoroki, wait!"

"It's fine Shigaraki. I shouldn't have asked to stay over in the first place."

"What are you talking about? You shouldn't care about what my dad says, you can stay over."

"I said, it's fine." With that statement, I stopped following him, watching the back of his head as he walked, leaving my home behind.