12

(Tomura)

It had been a week since I last saw Todoroki, and I was starting to worry. But today was the day that he walked into class. It was clear that something had changed about him. He was slouching, scratching at the purple skin under his eyes. He looked even more tired than when I had last seen him, which I thought was impossible. But what I did notice was that he didn't look sick anymore. It's almost like he glowed with health. Which is when I remembered that Recovery Girl healed by using the injured person's own stamina, converting it into her healing energy. That could be what was up with Todoroki. He sat down in front of me, head propped up with his hand. I was surprised that, when we were leaving for lunch, I saw Todoroki talking with Toga, and Toga seemed a little too happy. She skipped over to me, leaving Todoroki to stare at her in confusion.

"Heey Shiggy! What's up!"

"What do you want Toga?"

"Oh, nothing! So, got your eyes on anyone?"

"What? You really are crazy, aren't you?" I sighed and walked over to where I normally sat, and was shocked when I saw Toga dragging over Todoroki. I groaned, confirming in my mind that she really was crazy. Of course, I hadn't told her about my crush on Todoroki, but it seemed like she was starting to take matters into her own hands. She shoved him onto the seat next to me, and he looked over before staring at his lap. We didn't say anything, but I saw Toga looking at me, and when she caught me staring, silently pleaded me to do something. I turned to Todoroki. It was now or never.

"Hey." Fuck, that was so basic.

"Yes?"

"Um, so, it's been awhile...Maybe, do you want to, like, go to the mall or something, like, this weekend?"

"Sure...I'd like that." I silently celebrated as Todoroki stood, saying a quiet goodbye. I watched him walk away, staring at the scars on the back of his neck. The bell rang, signalling the end of lunch. I stood, and went back to class, taking my seat. I saw that Todoroki was already seated a few rows over. Mrs. Kayama walked in and announced that we would be heading to Quirk Training. Toga cheered as we all shuffled out. As we were changing in the locker room, I noticed that Todoroki wasn't covered in bandages, so that confirmed my idea that Recover Girl had healed him. But now I was wondering whether he would participate in the class, seeing as how his Quirk had scarred up his body. But he did, and he had much more control over it, almost like he had been practicing while he was out of school. The class had decided to hold a mini tournament, and the final battle was between Todoroki and another girl from our class. She had some kind of plant Quirk, and it was an understatement to say that she didn't last long. He had burned right through all her plants with expert technique, and had managed to trap her in a ring of fire. It was almost like he was fighting for something, like he had found a purpose, though I can't think of what that could be. As class ended, Todoroki came over to me and asked what time we should meet to go to the mall.

"How about Saturday? I can come over to your house to pick you up around noon."

"Yeah sure." Todoroki and I exchanged farewells before leaving. I was the happiest I had ever been as I walked home. I had just managed to set up a date with the guy that I liked, and I was feeling pretty accomplished.