11

(Dabi)

I entered my family's house, and was immediately spotted by Fuyumi.

"Toya, you came back?"

"Yeah..."

"Well, I'm glad." She walked over and hugged me, and I returned the gesture. That's when Endeavor decided to make himself known.

"I see you've come back."

"That's right."

"Training room, now."

"I don't want to." Endeavor turned around, eyes wide.

"You have to."

"I don't have to do anything. You want me to do this."

"And you don't have a choice in the matter." He walked over and grabbed my forearm, causing the staples to dig into my hand. He dragged me into the training room, throwing me down.

"Get up and fight."

"I don't want to fight anymore!"

"And why is that?"

"Because of this!" I held up my arm, signalling to the scars.

"Toya, your Quirk didn't do that, I did." That stopped me.

"You what?"

"I'm the one that did that. You had scared me when dropping the glass, so you deserved it."

"That doesn't even make any sense."

"Of course you don't understand, you never will." I growled and lurched forward, tackling Endeavor.

"WHY?!"

"You just needed a push." Then he chuckled. I felt my anger rising, and this time I didn't care. I let my Quirk activate, and it released the most violent blast of fire I had never even thought I could make. I heard windows burst from the heat, but I was focused on my dad, who was smiling like an idiot.

"That's right, Toya. Use it. I know you can do great things with your Quirk." I stopped, looking around at the damage I had caused, scorched walls, broken windows. There were still patches of blue fire everywhere. The fire around me died down, and I heard my dad growl in frustration.

"Why did you stop?!"

"Are you seeing this? The damage the, the-"

"Yes, and it's perfect! You need to stop being afraid of your Quirk. You can do so much with it!"

"But all it does is destroy! I hate hearing the screams, I hate seeing the burned corpses! I hate it!"

"Get used to it! You're too strong for your own good! You don't know what to do with the power you were born with! Explore its possibilities!"

"I don't want to if it means killing people! Do you know how fast I can burn things down? I don't want to do that to a person!"

"You have to! You're the strongest fire user in this house, and you won't even fight! What happens when your little blue haired friend gets in trouble? Are you going to be too afraid to do anything about it?"

"No, I-"

"Then USE YOUR QUIRK!" I froze, unsure what to do.

"Your Quirk can save people! You can use it to protect the people that you love! Like that little blue haired boy!"

"No, Shigaraki and I-"

"Do you think I'm stupid, Toya? I can tell that you like him!"

"But-"

"Now, learn to control your Quirk so you can protect him!" With that, he turned and left, leaving me on the floor. I didn't know what to do. I was confused, hurting both mentally and physically, and feeling weaker than ever. It was at that moment I remembered that I was still sick, which wasn't nice. Seeing as how I couldn't physically get up, my body just decided it would throw up right there, which really wasn't nice. What really scared me was the fact that my dad had called out my crush on Shigaraki, which I had been denying since the day I realized it was a thing. I started crying, that's how lost I was. I didn't know what to do, and even if I did, I didn't have enough energy to do anything. I just sat there, unmoving, until Fuyumi came and helped me up, leading me to my room.

"It's okay Toya. You just need rest. You'll be okay." She helped me into bed and turned out my light. I lay there in the darkness, and exhaustion eventually took over.