cyrus really likes tj's porch

。・:*:・゚☆

"cyrus, slow down, we can't understand you," buffy hushed the boy, sharing scared glances with the friend group that had been waiting at cyrus' house ever since he left for the park.

"tell us what happened," andi said calmly, rubbing cyrus' back.

the boy's head was reeling; he would describe it as the way claire and franklin felt when they were drowning in the sphere after isla nublar began to blow up during jurassic world: fallen kingdom, but that's his own reference. he felt like his body was the sphere and his brain was franklin, screaming and pounding to get out. suffocating.

"i went to talk to him."

silence.

"and?" jonah coaxed.

"he apologized," cyrus wheezed out.

"that's great! ...right?" amber quizzed, "tj never apologizes, not even to me, and i'm his sister!"

"right," cyrus stared at his fingers as they twiddled.

"what else did he say?" buffy prodded, holding his arm and staring with her pleading eyes.

"he, um... he told me that he likes me the way he should like girls."

"woah, really? so like... tj's gay?" marty slowly came to his conclusion, and everyone craned their necks to stare at him with disappointment.

"yes, idiot, he's gay," buffy scoffed, "cyrus, are you okay? i thought you liked him!"

"i do, i like him so much!"

"so why is this bad?"

"i kinda- well, i kinda didn't tell him that i like him, too." cyrus hid his face behind his palms, apologizing as the group groaned in frustration.

"cyrus! why would you do that?" jonah sighed.

"i was scared! i-i just couldn't say it!" cyrus exclaimed, "and now he hates me."

"he doesn't hate you. he likes you. you just have to make this right," buffy explained to the boy, "you have to tell him."

"but buffy-"

"no buts, you have to do this!" buffy interrupted, "you care about him, don't you?"

"i do," cyrus smiled painfully. he began to think about tj's smile, the way it was brighter than everyone else's, how it sparked bursts of heat in his chest, how his laugh often accompanied it. how his green eyes were the color of a green apple jolly rancher, but they had spots of chocolate sprinkles and gold flakes just to contrast; how his cheeks blushed when people complimented him after basketball games, half from being so warm and half from embarrassment; how his hair flopped softly without gel, how he wore glasses on the weekends, how he likes the beatles more than life itself, how he plucked the guitar like paul mccartney was an amateur, how his voice lulled cyrus to sleep how he held him tight how he made him laugh how he trusted him how he made cyrus happy how he's everything he needs how he's in lo-

"so go get him, cy. go tell him. fix it." amber smiled, her eyes glimmering with hope.

cyrus nodded. amber was right.
he needed to fix this.