cyrus is nervous

school starts tomorrow, and cyrus' hands are trembling with a mixture of fear, fear, and even more fear.

he just put a few school supplies in his backpack, and he's now sitting on his bed and staring into the narnia of his closet, searching for something to wear.

the closet was dark, and it was silent in the bedroom, and he could almost see a pair of hands crawling out of the closet, reaching for his ankles, ready to drag his lifeless body into the void and never let him go to school-

"hello?" cyrus answered the ringing phone breathlessly.

"hey," tj replies, "i was getting kinda nervous so i called you."

"i was too," cyrus glanced back to the taunting closet that made him imagine things and shivered, "i just thought about a pair of dead hands pulling me into my closet void."

"can i come?" tj chuckled softly.

"no, there's not enough room. it's a one person void." cyrus bantered back, feeling the anxiety start to lift from his shoulders.

"damn it."

"what were you nervous about?"

"um," tj's voice broke, "just- uh, just school in general. math mostly."

"not the fact that we're gonna got stared at?" cyrus prodded.

"maybe a little bit. but i'm not as scared about that."

"i'm scared about it."

"i know you are," tj spoke lightly, his voice calming to cyrus' tense nerves.

cyrus stood up and shoved his closet door closed, locking away the fear stemming from getting ready for school and trying to forget about the bad possibilities coming with the idea of tomorrow.

"we can do this, right?" he asked tj.

"we can totally do this, babe."

"okay. good." the brunet smiled, a soft blush coating his cheeks.

"i'll see you tomorrow morning. meet me at the curb?"

"yeah. see you tomorrow." cyrus agreed, hanging up the phone.

he put his bag on the ground next to his nightstand and laid down in bed, tugging the strings on his- well, originally tj's- hoodie, and he took a deep breath.
he thought of tj's smile and how warm his hands always were.
he thought of andi and buffy, and how they shared similar schedules this year.
he thought of jonah and walker and marty, who would back him up if anyone gave him a problem.
he thought of amber, who could destroy anyone with a glare for him.

he has people.
school doesn't stand a chance compared to his friends.

right?