Chapter two : The prince has returned!

*Romans POV*

I walked into school, ready and willing to start the day!

I go in, grab a pop tart from the breakfast cart, head to my first period class and sit down.

I take a bite of pop tart and then....that's when I remember....

It's math class....

We have a test....

I didn't study....

And I have CRUMBS ON MY SHIRT!!

I wipe them off as I nom,opening my binder and frantically reading whatever I could to study for.

Before the bell rings the emo kid comes in and dashes to his seat, letting out a relieved sigh as he makes it before the bell.

I can't help but smile at that. I don't know him, we don't talk, but I can sometimes hear him mutter something about where the teacher can shove his problems and it makes me laugh.

But I hide it so he doesn't think I'm weird or a stalker.

The teacher comes in. "Alright class. Put everything up. We're taking a test today. I hope you studied."

I groan internally but put everything but a pencil up.

The test gets to me and I blank. Every. Time!

I won't bore anyone with details of the test. No one deserves that torture. But I finished it......probably not all right but I finished it!

The bell rings and I turn it into the box and smile, for my next two class periods are theatre!!

For anyone who doesn't know, I am a broadway musical HO-

Nope. No. I shan't say it. But you get the idea.

We were having vocal practice today. I go and set my stuff down. I wait patiently for the others when the bell rings and the teacher takes attendance.

"Ok. So we'll go down the line. Everyone sing any song to warm up your vocal cords. I'm working on the cast for the musical you all auditioned for." She smiled.

I grinned happily. This week was a simple oldie. Grease. I auditioned for Danny Zuko of course.

I was third in row, so after the first two went, I did. I choose a classic disney song. "Someday my prince shall come."

Not to brag but I think I did spartacularly. I sat back down as everyone else went.

About half an hour later, we were all done.

"Alrighty! Everyone get in your groups and start working on your project! I'll post the cast list before lunch!" She said happily.

I smiled and went to the costume group. I just love picking out outfits and designing them. The feel of fabric in your fingers, the sensation of seeing something you create. It's inspiring.

Of course just when it gets good it's time for 4th period. English. I go and it's an easy day. Substitute and a reading prompt. Easy peasy.

I do and finish my work,waiting anxiously for lunch bell. I get on my phone and text some friends, all of which are in the cloud. We chat and talk about our parts and what we'll dress up and look like.

The bell rings and I book it out, running to the big bulletin board. A couple are already there. They seem pretty on with it.

One girl turns to me. "Congratulations on the part!" She smiles.

I grin, my heart leaping. "Thank you! I can't wait to be-"

"You've always sung like an angel so now you'll actually be one!" She says.

My heart.

Dropped.

"A-angel?" I ask, looking at the board.

Danny....isn't me.....

But I am on the board....

As angel.....

A one shot character.....

I make a fake smile. "Well an angels gotta have his time am I right?" I grin.

She giggles and goes off to her friends.

I go to the bathroom, into an empty stall and just stand there for a few seconds.

"Why am I always a one shot cast?! I never get any role I ask for! I always get a background character! It's not fair! I've worked hard for this! I've earned it!" I yell, tears falling down my face.

"I wanted that part so bad....." I say quietly.

Would you do anything for it?

I think to myself. "Y-Yeah....is do whatever I-"

I hear a knock on the stall door,making me jump. "U-um....hello? I heard someone crying....is everything ok?"

Thank god it's a male voice. Not one I recognize though. "Y-Yeah I'm fine." I say shakily.

"I can tel you aren't. But you don't have to share with me. It's not my problem."

I nod but don't say anything.

After a while I hear him speak again. "We have 20 minutes in lunch left. I don't think you'll wanna be alone. Wanna have lunch with me?" They asked.

I sniffles and slowly opened the door. "Y-Yeah..." that'd be nice."

The bot smiled, his blond curly hair bouncing as his baby blue eyes sparkled. "Great!"

I smile and tilt my head. "Are you new here? I don't believe I've seen you before?"

The kid chuckles nervously. "I just moved here. I was hoping to make friends by now,but no one seems to notice me."

I smiled. "You seem chipper. You'll make friends quick."

He smiled softly. "As long as you're my friend i think I'll be ok. The names Patton by the way." He holds out his hand.

I take it and shake it. "Roman. Pleasure to meet you."

"The pleasures all mine."