Chapter 7: Alone with another

*Virgils POV*

I sat in the car as mom drove me home. I looked out the window and put my headphones in, playing Some Three Days Grace and Skillet.

I just looked out the window until I felt something touch my shoulder and it made me flinch yanking my headphones off and turning to my mom. "Its ok honey. It's ok." She says softly. I gulp and nod. "S-sorry." I say softly. "You're ok honey. I just wanna know..what happened today." She asked as she pulled onto our road.

I shake my head. "Its nothing mom...just got really scared," I said. "Do I need to contact Mr. Dadiverse?" She asked. "No mom I don't need to see the therapist," I say. Mom nods. "Ok. But you do still need to go to your next appointment though." Mom said. I nod in agreement.

Mom pulls into our driveway and parks it. I get out and walk with mom into the house. "Tonight we're gonna have chicken alfredo." She says with a smile. I smile. "That sounds amazing." I open the door for her and she smiles. "Thank you dear."

I close it behind me and smile. "I'm gonna spend today in my room. I need to finish homework and I may draw later." I tell her. She nods. "Ok darling. I'll call you down when foods ready." SHe says, moving over to the couch.

I nod. "Ok." I walk down the hallway to my room and go in, closing the doors behind me. I toss my bag onto the bed and jump onto it, sighing in relief. "Man...today has been one crazy dream." I say softly, opening my bag and pulling out my notebook and language book, when the spellbook came out with it. No. I'm not calling it the spellbook. Imma call it the....the...bad book......yeah...

Anyway, I just kinda looked at it for a while and just shook my head, opening my notebook and grabbing a pen, writing the basics down. I open my language book and start on my assignment. Language was an easy class for me, I love poetry and old texts like Frankenstein, Dr.Jekyll and Mr.Hyde, Edger Allen Poe, the usual.

So yeah that was done in like 15 minutes tops. I sigh and out it back in the bag, debating if i should get my science out of the way or do it later.

...

I decided later cause FORGET THAT I SUCK AT IT. I grabbed my headphones and hanged them around my neck and played My Chemical Romance. I kept them around my neck as I laid my eyes on the bad book. I remembered the simple spell thing that wasn't supposed to work. Magic doesn't exist. Demons don't exist. This was just supposed to give me an ease of mind. Not legitly work.

I pulled out my phone and opened the camera, looking at my eyes. I could have sworn that there were those green glitch or technical things surrounding my eye. There was pain their as well when....it came.

That's when the real fear hit. What was that thing? Why did it look so...human? Was it human? Was this all a sick joke? It had to be. He was either with Benson, and this was a joke to make me safe or...

Actually, that sounds really logical now that I think about it. I take the book and look more into it, reading the pages that said protection, demon or daemon apparently, and anything techy or formal. I flipped through it, not really getting much. Just your run of the mill things.

Then THAT page came up. The one I opened to in the bathroom. I tried to read it but for some reason when I looked at it my eyes started to go fuzzy and it became harder to read. I blinked and tried to focus many times but each and every time it got worse. I groaned in frustration once a headache started to form and tossed the book to the end of my bed. "I don't get it.... I was able to read it perfectly fine earlier! Why can't I remember what I saw or even said?!" I say exasperatedly.

I look at the book again and, giving a small pout, flip it off for being so confusing. I sighed and looked at the ceiling when I heard mom calling for me. ALFREDO TIME BABY!!!!