Fever

Edd POV

I open the back door quietly. Stepping into the kitchen I see the somewhat cleaned kitchen. I didn't have enough time to dust or clean up last night's dishes. But with the state of the kitchen I should probably scrub everything down before use. I fist should go wash up in the bathroom. Before that I should go check up on Kevin... he's probably sleeping in bed. I hop up the stairs as quietly as I can. I don't want to wake the poor boy up.

I should also get some things from the supermarket like toilet paper and maybe some paper towels. I guess I can bring some from... HOLY COW IS THAT KEVIN?! WHY IS HE ON THE FLOOR! GOODNESS!

I ran to the redhead who seemed to be passed out on the floor. He's breathing very hard and his face is flushed. I lean down feeling his forehead, He's burning up! I panic and shake him. I need to take him back to the bed.

"KEVIN! GET UP! KEVIN! KEVIN! PLEASE AWAKEN!" I shout. Shaking him harder. Kevin mumbles something opening his eyes in slits. His face is green, he looks as if he was going to puke. I need to get him to the laboratory.

"Kevin, please work with me. I will help support you but you must help me get you up." I explain as calm as I can. I need to help Kevin. Kevin nods gagging a bit. I take his hand starting to pull him up. I'm so glad I took up swimming as I used some of that small muscles too get him up though Kevin gritted his teeth placing some of his weight on me. Half dragging Kevin I take him to the bathroom. Opening the bathroom only about ten steps away Kevin throws himself on the toilet emptying his stomach contents. I grab my phone and dial his father's number which I luckily remembered from yesterday. I have to dial the number twice before Mister Smith picks up. Before he can even say hello I scream for him.

"Mr. Smith, I need you to come home in the next hour! Kevin has a very high fever. Along you way I need you to get xxxxxxx medicine from the closest pharmacy along with some candies. Right now your son is throwing up his guts into the toilet! I will see you soon or else." Honestly, he left his son who was sick at home alone? Did he even take his medicine. I'll give him an earful later right now I need to take care of Kevin.

Kevin hugged the toilet bowl Pressing his face on the seat. "I feel his forehead again, I need to find a thermometer. I rummage through the bathroom cabinets looking for something, anything to help with Kevin's fever. In the corner of my eye I see Kevin sneeze and cough harshly. He seems too have a hard time breathing. A quick idea popped into my head. I ran to the shower and put it on the hottest water possible. Steam started to spread through the bathroom. After what felt like an eternity Kevin seemed to be breathing a little easier and his face much more relaxed.

His clothes were covered in sweat and puke. I ran quickly to get some towels and clothes for Kevin. Luckily I cleaned yesterday so I could find a clean towel, sponge and clothes for Kevin. I got to work, I knew I couldn't take Kevin back to his room by himself. Kevin was far too weak to walk without at least more than half of his body needing support. I'll just have to wait for his father. Without thinking I pulled off Kevin's disgusting shirt since he looked like he was done with emptying his stomach. I wet the sponge and wipe down his body.

Now looking closely at Kevin, he's quite fit. With defined muscles and beautiful pale skin covered in scratches from sports and being rough and tough in general. I blush a bit, he's quite... attractive. What am I thinking? This is Kevin Smith?! The boy who used to bully me and my two best friends. The boy who taunted him because he was weak, thin and a nerd. Calling him a dork, nerd and other harsh names. The one who did have a soft side sometimes being nice to him when he clearly was having a bad day...

I had to snap out of my thoughts when I heard the front door open. That must be Mr.Smith. I call out to him. "Mr. Smith, i'm in the upstairs come quick!" I saw Mr. Smith disheveled as he practically sprinted to me. Panic clear in his eyes. At least he came in just under an hour.

"Mr Smith I need you to help me. I'm almost done scrubbing Kevin's torso. I need you to scrub his... lower areas. Thus he will be a little cleaner and more comfortable. Please be gentle. As I'm finishing the torso you have 1 minute to change go!" I command. Like a soldier Mr. Smith did has he was told. I quickly scrubbed Kevin trying not to stare too much at him.

Mr. Smith came back, now not in a suit but in a wife beater and shorts. His muscles even more apparent than Kevin's. I threw the sponge at him, giving a quick run down how to clean properly without hurting Kevin and making sure he'd also dress him.

After that I ran downstairs to the other bathroom where I luckily found some vaporub and a thermometer. On the couch was a bag full of medicines and candies. I get ready for Kevin in his room, changing the sheets, frowning at the still full medication bottle. Did he think he was too good for medicine now? What an idiot!

By the time I finished setting the bed Mr.Smith had come back with Kevin. Supporting him as if he was a drunk man. Slowly me and Mr.Smith eased him onto the bad where I covered him with a blanket and placed a cool paper towel on his forehead. I slipped some ,medicine with a glass of water so at least Kevin had some medicine. Mr. Smith was sweating from the heat of the bathroom and looked very disheveled yet, he wasn't panicking anymore which is a good sign. Yet I could tell he was scared. Like he would lose his son?

I instructed him to take a shower and change into some clothing while I would watch over Kevin. He again did as he was told and during that time I took Kevin's temperature It was 104F (40C). If it got any higher than this I'll have to take him to the hospital. I should make some more porridge for Kevin and some cascades for me and Mr. Smith.

A rush of fatigue floods my body. From school to this, the stress is enough for me to go mad from. I plop next to Kevin, making sure not to wake him. His face is less red which is good and his breathing has slowed. He was always such a strong boy, yet he never showed his weakness when it mattered. He was so... so masculine. From his high cheekbones, sharp chin to hi baritone voice and muscles. Oh gosh, I even touched his six pack. I felt my face heat up at the thought.

"Why am I even doing this?" I whisper as I run my fingers through his thick red hair. It's always been the same. Ever since he was a kid he had the same haircut and hat. I felt so...so warm around him. It's so strange, I can't think straight near him. I shouldn't care for Kevin this much. But... but my body is telling me to help. I don't have any idea why...