Ch 1: Not Your Average Origin Story

Alannah Jones was five years old when her apartment building was bombed. The Winter Soldier had been sent in to kill the man who lived on the floor below her. He blew up the man's apartment, but it damaged hers as well. Her parents didn't survive the attack.

The soldier had another task as well. Find children. HYDRA wanted test subjects. They wanted children so they could watch them grow. The soldier found Alannah, and brought her in.

At the time, HYDRA had more important things to worry about than a five year old girl. So they injected her with a super soldier serum and put her in cyro freeze.

Almost twenty years passed before she was brought out. Many technological and scientific advances had been made while she was sleeping, and HYDRA decided it was time to bring her out.

For weeks they tested her. They made sure she was in perfect health before they started the process. They were changing her, some would say for the better, while others would say for the worse. HYDRA gave her gifts, they allowed her to do things children dreamed of. They gave her powers, but everything good comes at a price.

Alannah had amazing gifts. She had telekinesis, she could move things with her mind, but that wasn't all. She could inflict pain on others, cause them to suffer all with just a thought. She had no idea how powerful she really was. (This is similar to Wanda but Alannah can cause physical pain while Wanda shows you your worst fear. Also Alannah's powers are blue.)

There was a downside. Her powers took a lot from her. After a difficult training session, she would get horrible headaches. Once she was unconscious for almost a week because of over using her powers. Alannah didn't know the extent of the damage she could do to others, or herself, but HYDRA assured her that she was safe.

HYDRA did everything they could to keep Alannah a secrete. They called her Frost Bite never letting her real identity be know. When she was 15 Wanda and Peter Maxamoff came to HYDRA. They too were given powers, they were under the protection of Strucker. For many months Alannah stayed with them. She trained, and helped them develop their powers. They were a year older than her, but her experience outmatched their age.

All the training and manipulation left a few things there. For one, Alannah always knew who she was. She knew how she came to HYDRA, and why they took her. She knows that the Winter Soldier, one of the most feared and respected men in HYDRA killed her parents. She tried not to think of these things most of the time, because over all HYDRA was good to her. But she could ignore them no longer when the base she was at had some unexpected visitors.

She was 17 when the base was attacked. Alannah had never been on a solo mission, and only been out in the field three times. No one was planning on letting her out then.

Alannah stood with Wanda and Petro. They could hear Strucker and other Hydra agents arguing about sending them out. Strucker demanded that they weren't ready. The three kids looked at each other and nodded. They had waited long enough.

Wanda went to find Tony Stark, who had broken into the base. Petro grabbed Alannah and took her outside. They attacked the intruders. Eventually they were gone, having gotten what they came for.

By then Wanda had joined the pair outside. They knew they couldn't go back to HYDRA, not then. For starters they would be in trouble for leaving. But more importantly none of them believed in HYDRA anymore. They had wanted out for a while, but this was their first chance. And they took it.

Alannah went to fly away, but as soon as she started to use her powers she almost collapsed. She fell to the ground clutching her head. Her powers had taken a lot from her today, and she could not do anything else.

Petro picked her up bridal style and rushed off. Wanda and Alannah and had both been smart enough to grab some medicine before they left, but they had to get away now, comfort would have to wait.

Alannah was finally away from the people who killed her parents. She was free from the them, and what they would of made her do. But as she turned that page, and whole new book was revealed.