Ch 4: The Struggles Continue

Lannah

I stood in front of a small line of people. Their scared faces met mine, every part of their expressions screamed for help. I couldn't keep looking at them so I closed my Yeah.

I cleared my mind and focused on the 7 life forms in front of me, and I channeled power to them. I not only heard their screams as I made them fell unimaginable pain, but I felt it too. I finally felt the pain I inflicted on others. Never before have I experienced what my victims felt, it was horrible.

When the connection broke, I gasped for breath and opened my eyes. The seven people in front of me were all lying on the floor, dazed.

"Again" a voice said over a speaker. The same voice that has been commanding me for years. Again, again, and again. It's never enough. I always have to through another knife, kick another person, hit another target, stop another speeding bullet. Or, in this case, keep inflicting pain until they all die, or I kill myself.

I closed my eyes once more and started channeling my power. I tried to hold back this time, to save those people and myself from the pain.

"More! Stop holding back!" The voice was demanding that I kill these innocent people. I knew what would happen if I didn't listen,  it's what would always happen. The device on the base of my scull, with a push of a button agonizing amounts of electricity would be sent though my body. If that happened now, with the amount of pain I'm already in, I don't know if I would ever wake back up.

I squeezed my eyes tighter and let out a dry sigh as I released my powers. The people's screams stopped, and the life forces disappeared, but my pain didn't stop. It wouldn't stop.

A door opened and eight people walked in.

"Better." The voice told me, "Now again."

I shot up in a cold sweat. My heart was pounding and it felt like my head was going to explode. My breaths came in ragged bursts, and my vision was fuzzy.

I didn't know where I was, or how I got here. I could feel my heart beat speed up, and I knew that I needed to calm down, but my headache made it impossible to think clearly.

I could hear a voice speaking, but saw no person. For a moment to thought I was back there, I thought they got me again.

I couldn't stop what happened next.

Loki

When I returned to the kitchen, Natasha and Clint had joined the others. I ignored everyone as I sat down and finished my food. The whole time my mind was on one topic, Lannah. I couldn't stop thinking about her, she was special.

"Loki did you hear me?" My head shot up.

"What?" Thor, who I didn't even know had come in, laughed.

"We asked where lannah was." Steve told me.

"Oh," I said as I shook my head, "her door was locked so I put her in my room so she could sleep."

The others nodded and I saw Stark smirk. Before anyone else could say anything Friday started talking.

"It seems that Lannah is in distress and requires assistance."

I jumped up along with Steve and Wanda. I ran toward the hallway when I was practically immobilized by pain. I didn't know where it came from, but shocking pain was flooding my body.

I didn't know what was happening, and I couldn't think clearly, but I figured it had something to do with Lannah. With a groan I pulled myself and struggled my way down the hallway.

I cursed Stark for giving me the farthest room, every step I took sent waves of pain crushing through my body. I didn't know if the pain was getting worse from the extended exposure, or if it got worse the closer I got to the source, and right now I didn't care. I just wanted it to stop.

"Friday! Open my door" I fell through the open doorway and crawled over to my bed.

Lannah was sitting with her legs crossed and her head down, with her hands gripping her hair.

"Lannah!" Her head snapped up, but her eyes were foggy and she I knew she wasn't seeing me.

I reached up and grabbed her knee and she slowly turned her head towards me. She looked panicked, and scared. Her eyes widened.

"Loki," it was just a whisper but as soon as she said it she slumped over and the waves of pain stopped. I still felt like complete shit, but I was able to stand up. It took me a moment to steady myself, then I picked Lannah up and carried her to the kitchen.

I found everyone besides Thor and Steve unconscious when I got to the kitchen.

"Loki, what happened?" Thor asked as I layer lannah down on the counter.

"I think we just discovered another one of her powers. It was coming from her, it was like waves coming off an epicenter. The pain got worse the closer I got to her."

"What do we do now?"

"Not much we can do but wait." Steve said. "The others should wake up before Lay, then we can figure out what to do from there."

"How so?" Thor asked, "You and I could barley stay conscious and we are far more powerful than the rest of them. How will Lannah not wake up first?"

"Wanda has already told us that Lannah's powers drain her. She hasn't fully recovered from ultron, and that was weeks ago. And now she just used a shit ton of power, who knows when she will wake up." He explained. We sat in silence thinking about what the captain said. "We need to make sure no one else was hurt. I'll go see if anyone else was affected."

He opened a drawer and pulled out three comms and placed one in his ear, "Alert me if anything happens." Then he left.

I watched as the elevator doors closed behind him, then I slumped down into a chair. Now that the chaos stopped, and I'm not running off of adrenaline, I started to crash. All I wanted to do right now was fall asleep and wake up without any pain.

"You seem worried." Thor stated.

"So do you an Steve."

"I know that you aren't concerned about our teammates. Your concern is for Lannah." He say down next to me.

"I am no more concerned than you or anyone else." I don't know why he's saying all of this. I did what anyone would do to help Lannah.

"If Lannah had been in here with us, and it was me, or Tony or Wanda, that Friday alerted us was in distress, would you have jumped up how you did. Would you of fought your way down that hallway to get to anyone else besides Lannah?"

With that he got up, leaving me to think about what he said.

Please vote and comment