Ch. 7

Lannah

Loki took me to by room, and helped me get sat down. For several minutes neither of us said anything, we just sat together. We were sitting on my bed, he sat very straight against the backboard, but I was almost laying down, with my head on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry," I said after a while.

"Why are you apologizing?" Loki asked calmly.

"I could of killed everyone," I could tell he was looking down at me but I couldn't bring myself to meet his gaze. "You all could of died and it would of been my fault."

"Lannah, you didn't mean to. You can't be blamed for having a nightmare."

I didn't say anything for a few more minutes.

"Why did you come to me?"

"What do you mean?"

"You were the one who stopped me, I know you were in such immense pain, and it was only getting worse the closer you got. You didn't have to come to me, but you did. Why?" I sit up some to look at him.

"Friday told us that you were in distress. I was going to help you, then it started and I didn't stop. I was worried about you Lannah, that's why." He tells me, his voice genuine.

"Well I'm glad you got to me in time. And thank you for staying with me now. I couldn't be in there with all of them, but I don't think I could stand to be alone." I tell him honestly.

"Do you want to go to sleep?" He asks me.

I shake my head, "No. I'm not tired," and honestly that was true.

"Are you sure? Because if your afraid of another nightmare I'll stay with you."

I put my hand on his leg, "Really. I don't want to go to sleep. Let's do something else."

"Like what?" He tilts his head to the side slightly, it was kinda cute.

"We could play a game," I say with a smirk.

"I've never played any midguardian games before."

"Don't worry, I can teach you!" I jump off the bed and run over to my desk where I have a brand new deck of Uno cards. Wanda got them for we a few weeks ago, I haven't had the chance to use them yet.

"Uno? That is not English," Loki observes.

I laugh, "No it's not, but it is the name of the game. So I'm going to give you 7 cars. And there will be a card sitting face up. When it's your turn you will place a card either the same color of number. Then it's my turn. If you don't have a card you can play then you have to draw a card. If you draw a card and it works, then you can play it, if not then your turn is over. There are some special cards too." I look through the deck selecting the specific cards. "This skips the next person, this reverses the order, but since there are only two of us we play it the same as a skip, if you play this then I have to draw two, if you play this I have to draw 4 and you get to change the color, and then this one changes the color."

I start to shuffle the cards when I remember something, "So some people this this rule is fake but I don't care. So say you put down a draw two, and I have a draw two. Then I could stack my draw two onto yours and I don't have to draw. If you had another draw two then you can play it, if not then you draw four. It can go for as many draw twos possible. The same with draw fours. But you can't stack a draw two and a draw four."

Loki looked a little confused, but was smiling. "You understand?"

He nods, "Enough."

I laugh and finish shuffling. "Great! Don't look at your cards till I give you all seven" I start to deal.

"Oh my god! I forgot the most important part!" I face palm, idiot. "When you get down to one card you have to say uno, if you have one card and don't say it, and I call you on it, then you have to draw two. The first person to get rid of all their cards win. Ready?" He nods, and I flip over the first card.

The game is slow at first as Loki gets used to it. Loki is actually winning, with just three cards left, where as I have 8. That's about to change though.

I draw a card and immediately smile. I lay down the "shuffle hands" card.

"What is this? This was not in your description of the game," Loki states clearly confused. I laugh.

"This my fine friend is a card unique to this edition of the game. And it means that you have to give me your cards."

He looks unsure but hands them over. I plug them with mine and start to shuffle them. "I have to shuffle the cards in ever players hands, then deal them out evenly. This is really fun when your playing with a lot of people, and someone has uno, but someone else has like 30 cards, then everyone is back to square on (this happened to me once)."

I deal out the cards and smirk. Looks like Loki was saving two special cards for last. We both have 5 cards and it's his turn.

I get down to my last two cards, the same cards he had before. It's my turn and I lay down a draw four, "Uno!" I shout . He sighs and pics up the cards. "Blue" I say as I lay down the blue draw 2. "And that means I win!"

Loki throws down his last few cards, all numbers. "I have to admit, that was better than expected."

I laugh and throw my hands up in the air, "Success! Now how about we bring this party down the hall and get the others to play with us?"

Before waiting for his answer I use my powers to pick up all the cards as I grab his hand. As we leave the room I grab my other deck that is sitting on my nightstand with my powers and we run into the living room.

What???

I'm not dead???

Gasp!!!

Sorry I haven't posted in so long. Kinda forgot about this book. Hope you liked this playful chapter! I'll try to post again soon.

Peace.