Chapter 6 : Breathless Kisses

*** Warning! Chapter contains MATURE CONTENT!!***

Up on the balcony, Chat and Marinette finally broke apart with embarrassed laughs.

"One hundred percent pure kitty love, guaranteed to heal the worse broken hearts," Chat joked awkwardly.

"So I can return it, right?" Marinette laughed nervously. She blessed the darkness surrounding her, her cheeks felt like they were on fire. She couldn't be sure, but in the dim light Chat's cheeks looked slightly pink too. But before she could get a good look, he scrambled up on the balcony railing.

"Well, would you look at the time," Chat chattered, perched and ready to spring off onto the next rooftop. "I should probably start patrolling the city, lots to catch up on after being gone for so long -"

"Wait!" Marinette stepped forward as he started to leap, grabbing his tail out of habit. "Thank you for-"

But the grab had been too strong. Chat teetered on the railing, then fell forwards towards Marinette. She closed her eyes, expecting to hit the concrete hard. But in the next split second, she felt Chat's arms close around her, and when Marinette opened her eyes, she found herself sprawled on the ground, on top of him. Somehow, Chat had managed to grab her as he was falling and roll, so he hit the floor first.

"Thanks," Marinette gasped. She could feel his heart galloping in his chest. Or was it hers?

"No problem," Chat responded weakly. An errant strand of blue-black hair fell out of Marinette's bun, tickling his nose, before he tucked it gently behind her ear. Her face was so close to his he could feel her gentle breath on his cheek, see the deep-blue of her eyes. A shadow fell over the top half of her face, masking it, making it seem mysterious , alluring and insatiably seductive.

They continued to stare at each other for a few seconds, then, with a sound between a growl and a snarl, Chat pulled her lips down to his.

He felt her freeze for a second, then return the kiss with a hunger and ferocity that took his breath away. All her frustrations and hurt were being poured out as she attacked his mouth, her fingers moving up to explore his hair and twine it through her fingers.

Chat yowled in surprise as Marinette's finger brushed one of his delicate ears. She stopped instantly and sat up, alarmed.

"I'm sorry! Are you okay?" Chat shook his head slowly.

"No," he gasped. His head was spinning and he was hard as a rock. "You're fine it's just...no one has ever touched me like that."

"I'll keep away from your ears then." Marinette promised. Chat clasped one of her hands.

"No." He held her hand up his head. "Do it again. Please."

Marinette hesitated, then timidly stroked the edge of his ear. Chat shivered slightly.