Chapter 19 : Can You Trust Me?

Natalie stared down at the sleeping face of Emilie Agreste. There had been days when she had hated her, for without even trying, Emilie Agreste held the heart of the man she loved. But after so long, she simply felt tired.

How many years had she wasted, chasing Gabriel, working, fighting, hoping that one day he would see her as most than just as his assistant and partner-in-crime, but as a woman who he could love?

"I can't believe you had her hidden here all this time!" Adrian Agreste glared at his father.

"Her illness was not something that could be healed through conventional medicine." Gabriel Agreste sounded tired. He still needed to be examined by a doctor, Natalie remembered. Though his heart medication seemed to be helping, he looked like he was in pain.

"Oh, so once again, you knew better than everyone else what was the right thing to do." Adrian shouted. "You decided that Mom should be kept here. You decided to be come a supervillain, you decided to terrorize the city and you decided to keep me in the dark this whole time!"

"Better than lying to your own father and sneaking out to put yourself in danger as a superhero!"

"Danger that was caused by you!"

"I never would have done anything to harm you if I'd known it was you!"

"Of course! Because you'd have decided what was best for me by locking me in my room my whole life!"

"Enough!" Natalie snapped. "You're bickering like children! Gabriel, Adrian is an adult and entitled to live his own life the way he choses to. Adrian, your father made many mistakes, but you have to remember it was all in pursuit of healing your mother."

"Is that supposed to make it all better?" Adrian asked sarcastically.

"It's in the past, we can't change it now." Natalie replied firmly. "The only thing we can do is move forward."

"Well I'm going to move forward by getting Mom the help she needs." Adrian ran forward and tried to wrench the case open.

"Stop!" Gabriel and Natalie said at the same time.

"It's a sophisticated life support system. If you open it, Emilie will die instantly."

"Then how do we fix her? You said that you could, right?" Ladybug asked.

Natalie held out the Peacock Miraculous.