Lonely

I am all alone. They kicked me out. My own family.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

"I'm so sorry we have to do this," mom says. I don't believe her. My parents have had favorites for as long as I can remember. My brother, Shade always gets the bigger share. The biggest share of food. The biggest share of bed. Even the bigger share of my parents love.

"If you were sorry than you wouldn't be doing this. I am your family. " I say.

I knew this day would come. They are finally obeying fox laws and kicking me out of the den. And just because I am smaller than my brother.

"Mom, dad. please don't do this." I plead. "Shade?" he says nothing. I stare at him. He turns away and walks out of the den.

My mom tells me to follow her. I have to close my eyes, that way I can't see which direction we are going. I can hear my mom crying. I nudge her. She nudges back, but harder. I feel my feet touch water. She turns me in the direction I need to walk.

"Mom please." I say, my eyes still closed.

"Go"

I start walking, nearly falling over a stone. I try and smell her scent but I am to far away to smell her. I turn out of the river and walk away.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

My paws are cold. My tail is cold. My ears are cold. Basically every part of me is cold.

After I got out of the river I walk for what seemed like forever. I have found a slight dip in the earth, next to a tree. I am sleeping in it (or at least trying to).

<•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•>

I hope you all love my story.

It was really fun to write.