Chapter One

ALTERCHAPTER 1JadenPresent

ALTER
CHAPTER 1
Jaden
Present

"Why?" Is all that comes out of the Flash's mouth.

He grips his throat tightly, trying to prevent the blood from seeping out. His breaths become more and more shallow as the two stand there, staring at one another.

"Do you have siblings Barry?" Jaden asks, sitting next to the bleeding boy, almost as an act of sympathy.

"No." Barry croaks, slumping against the wall.

"Well Barry, when you have siblings, though you may not admit it, you would do anything for them." He begins to cough, chocking on bubbles of blood rushing up his throat.

"So when my brother passed away because of the particle accelerator, I knew I had to do something. I couldn't just let him go and the only thing I knew was that the machine that made you the hero of the city killed my brother and I hated you for it." Jaden frowns, staring at her enemy, no, friend. She pulls her sleeve over her hand and wipes the blood from her friend's face.

His eyes start to slowly blink closed, barely holding open. The blood pools below him, covering both his body and the floor.

"I'm so sorry Barry, I really am. I was just starting to like you but I had to do it. You have to understand Barry, this had to happen." A tear slips down the girl's face.

The once cold blooded and sour woman turned remorseful when she finally achieved her goal. She had finally killed the one who murdered her brother but then why did she feel this way? The villain had actually come to like the hero but in the end, she still betrayed everyone she loved just to achieve the goal she set years ago.

Barry slumps even further down except this time, his chest is unmoving.

Past

"Thanks for all your help." The girl smiles as a nice man sets down the last box.

"My pleasure. Have a good day." He tips his hat and shuts the door as he leaves.

After forty-nine months of living in Connecticut, Jaden finally decided to move back to Central City, her hometown. She thought enough time had passed that finally, she was ready to come back. To start fresh. Gazing out the window, she watches the rain drizzle down over Central City. The one thing she didn't miss was the reoccurring rain the city held.

Everyday, the young girl would sit at Jitters with her own cup of coffee watching rain race down the window. It was one of the most calming things one could experience. But now, the petite woman didn't care as much. Those moments at Jitters were nothing now that everything's changed.

Jaden grabs her small brown purse, curious as to what the small coffee shopped looked like now. Arriving at the delicious smelling cafe, she pushes open the clear glass doors with a familiar bell ringing shortly after. To Jaden's disappointment, the building looked the exactly the same. Even the mugs on the shelf were still the same. This city is so damn boring, am I the only one who makes things fun around here? She rolls her eyes as she gravitates towards the coffee line.

"Can I have an Americano with an extra shot of expresso please?" She gives a slight smile at the dark skinned barista

"And your name?"

"Jade."

~

Drinking her coffee, Jaden stares out the window, watching people walk by with umbrellas over their heads. The television playing suddenly grabs her attention. A reporter talks about Central City's very own scarlet speedster, The Flash. Much time has passed since Jaden was last in Central City. And during that time, a hero rose up to fight crime and save the city. Jaden rolls her eyes once more, there's no such thing as heros.

"People only look at they successes," she thought, "never the failures."

Not that Jade knew it yet, but the speedster works for Star Labs, the creators of the Particle Accelerator. The machine that had given her extraordinary abilities along with many others. The machine that ruined many lives such as hers.

Jaden sets down the mug harshly as anger starts to rise. Up until a few months ago, the girl never thought she'd break any rules, let alone do anything illegal.

Jaden was a straight A student growing up. She never drank or did drugs, in other words, she was the perfect kid. Until she turned twenty-two, everything went haywire. Something happened to her that altered not only her body, but her personality as well. From the once bubbly girl, she became someone who was uncaring and cruel. Though she didn't realize it, her heart grew to stone and this would be all she grew to know.

Jaden stands up and slyly strolls towards the door, pickpocketing many careless strangers in her way. Once home, she searches through the various wallets. Her smirk falters when she picks out a photo of a dad and his daughter. Shaking her head, she shreds the paper in half and tosses it into the trash.

A red streak catches her attention as it zooms across the city. The girl follows it with her eyes for she's never seen The Flash in person before. So that's my opponent? Pathetic.

Digging through the various cardboard boxes, Jaden searches for a particular blue body suit.

"There you are." A slight smile appears on Jaden's face, holding up the blue suit in front of her.

The suit is made from blue leather with some silver accents. A silver belt lines the waist along with some black biker gloves. The suit is infused with voice bending tech and when the genius, Cisco Remone built the suit, he used extra stretchy material, so that when she used her abilities, the fabric can bend to her liking.

Jade squeezes into the suit, the leather making it rather difficult. She sighs, finally pulling it on and clipping on the belt. She slips her hands into the biker gloves. Jade looks around, searching for a certain pair of boots. A grin appears on her face, spotting the black thigh-high boots sitting in the corner of the empty apartment. Pulling on the black boots and blue eye mask, she smiles as the tingly feeling of power absorbs her. Opening the apartment door, she flies towards the Central City Bank.

Jaden saunters into the bank, looking around for the vault.

"Ah there you are." She hums whilst her heeled boots clicking on the floor.

Since everyone is occupied, the small girl takes this chance to make her move. Walking over to the sky high windows, she pulls a matchbox from her boot. Lighting one, she throws it onto a silk curtain which almost instantly catches flames. Screams erupt as everyone scatters. Jaden makes her way towards the vault, her footsteps echoing throughout the large building.

Surprisingly, the door is fairly easy to pull open but only with the help of animal strength. A smile appears on the lady's lips as she grasps the thousands of dollars in her hand. Jaden quickly starts stuffing her boots with the cash until satisfied. After a few seconds, she walks right back out and shuts the door as if nothing happened.

The bank is vacant except for one, The Flash.

"You thought you'd get away with this huh? Setting a fire was smart, but I'm still here aren't I? Where'd you come from?" The hero asks bravely, causing Jaden to chuckle. He's taken aback by her odd reaction.

"I'm the one you'll never catch Flash." She smirks, vanishing, leaving the speedster bewildered.

"Where the hell did she go?" He whispers, leaving those in the intercom confused as well.