Chapter Three

CHAPTER 3JadenComa Girl

CHAPTER 3
Jaden
Coma Girl

Sitting at the small dining table, Jaden continues to wrap up the cut that covered her whole stomach. Sometimes when she morphs, it tends to leave marks.

"Shit." She hisses as it continues to sting.

A small meow comes from below her and there stands Molly, Jaden's cat.

"Hey Molly." Jade smiles, picking up the multicolored cat.

"What do you say we watch some tv huh?" She peers down at Molly, strolling over to the cheap leather couch.

Placing her down on the cushion, she clicks through the channels. Molly starts to meow, clawing at a picture frame sitting on the side table.

"I miss him too Molly."

The picture is of two people, both smiling brighter than the sun. One is a young girl in her late-teens with freckles and big, round, black glasses. Her dark hair is pulled back into two braids and her arm is wrapped around the other gleeful child. The older boy has lemon-colored hair and eyes the color of ice. His smile is paired with dimples.

FLASHBACK
Five years ago, 2012

Ding!

The doorbell chimes followed by a series of knocks.

"I'm coming! I'm coming! Jeez." She opens the door and smiles at the man in front of her.

"Happy twenty-first Jaden!" The lemon haired boy smiles down at her, opening his arms.

She wraps her arms around his torso, squeezing him tight.

"I've missed you brotha'." She pulls away, sighing

"Your hair is getting so long. Going to be the raven haired Repunzel." He jokes, giving his signature lopsided smile.

She pinches him before turning her attention to the little red box he's holding.

"Is that for me?"

"Of course."

Jade takes the box, turning back into the apartment.

"Come in, I ordered some pizza."

"Careful." He advises, shutting the door behind them.

He sits at the small dining table, leaning back in the chair.

"What are you waiting for? Open it!"