Chapter Four

CHAPTER 4JadenSmooth Criminal

CHAPTER 4
Jaden
Smooth Criminal

Switching between human and animal form, Jaden runs from the cops. Nothing beats the thrill of escaping the police. Their sirens blaring as they make daring efforts to capture the unruly criminal.

Taking a sharpe left turn, the police cars race past the small alley way.

"Shit, shit, shit." She curses patting down her body, not sure if she still has the stollen money or not.

Sighing of relief, Jaden pulls out the wad of cash from her boots.

"What's that?" A voice calls from behind her.

Jaden jumps slightly, turning around and extending claws. To her relief, it's just the Flash. Though she wasn't too sure whether or not she was happy about it.

Jesus Flash, a warning would be nice. She thought, glaring at the shadowed figure.

"Hand over the money Alter." His face is stone as he extends his hand.

"Catch me." Jaden smirks, morphing into a replica of the Flash.

His eyes widen at the newly found ability. Taking his surprise to her advantage, she gets a head start. Running across the city, feeling the electricity coursing through her body. A building blocks the path as she tries to use the Flash's abilities. He catches up, tackling Alter to the ground.

"You're not going to rob anyone else." He pins Jaden to the floor.

"Yes I am!" She morphs back into a crow and flies off. Away from the danger. Without being more careful, Alter will no longer be a threatening name.

~

Jaden sets up an easel beside the big window and attaches a canvas onto it. Squeezing various colors of paints onto her pallet, she grabs a brush and lets her hands take control.

After Jeremiah died, Jaden needed a way to cope. So she bought a canvas and some paints and she went crazy. Soon finding out that she may actually be good at this type of thing.

Splashing on various amounts of reds, blacks, and yellows, a picture of Central City's very own scarlet speedster starts to appear on the canvas.

She stops for a moment, staring at the canvas.

"Why is he always on my mind? I hate this bastard." Jaden thought to herself

Sighing, she continues to paint his red suit. After about an hour or two, the painting of Flash is complete. Grinning, she stares at the painting, proud of her skill.

"Now what the hell do I do?" Jaden hums, looking around the apartment.

A heap of clothing catches her eye. The petite girl strides towards the suit and slips into the blue leather. She grabs the now dry painting and walks out the door. Careful to avoid all of the neighbors.

~

A gust of wind blows her long raven hair onto her face.

"Hello Flash. Fancy seeing you here." She states gazing at the city below her.

"What's that?" He nods towards the painting in her hand

"It's a stolen painting." She lies thrusting the painting towards him.

He catches the canvas by surprise. If it weren't for his speed, it would've flown off the rooftop.

"Is this me?" He asks, glancing up at Alter.

She nods, interested in his expressions.

"This is really good, where'd you get it?"

"Someone was selling it on the side of the road so I took it." She shrugs gazing at the stars.

His arm extends out to Jaden.

"No, keep it. I don't want it."

A few moments pass full of silence until he breaks it.

"How do you know Cisco Remone?"

A smile finds its way onto Jaden's face. She turns towards him, raising an eyebrow.

"He doesn't remember me eh?"

"We used to be friends, him and I. Best friends in fact. But something happened that made us drift apart."

"Answer the question Alter." Flash stalks towards her.

"You're the one he talked about. The guy who woke up before me, the one with abilities." She makes small hand movements as she speaks.

He furrows his eyebrows, puzzled.

"Answer the question." He says sharply. Eager to find out her identity.

"There are some things for me to know and for you to find out Flash. This is one of those things." She teases, letting a smirk ease onto her face.

"Why do you steal?" He interrupts, impatient.

"Tsk tsk tsk, so many questions. Why is that?"

She looks down at her non-existent watch then back up at him.

"Well look like it's my time to skadattle. Ba-bye flash."

She runs towards the edge of the building and jumps turning into a crow and flying towards the apartment. Below her, an orange streak follows her.

Two can play at that game, Flash.

Jaden curves onto a new street, the complete opposite way of the apartment. Weaving in and out between buildings, the streak starts to get farther and farther behind her.

Eventually, the streak is out of sight completely so she flies back to her apartment. She glides perfectly through the open window and transform back into human form. She slides off the suit and puts on some pajamas.

Snuggling up in the fuzzy blankets, she allows sleep to take over.