Chapter Nine

CHAPTER 9JadenBringing up the past

CHAPTER 9
Jaden
Bringing up the past

As Jade power walks to C.C. Jitters, she angrily mutters to herself.

"Why do I have to get a job? This wasn't in the stupid plan."

She continues to groan about having to work. Jaden walks to the double glass doors but before she can open them, another guy does it for her. Instead of holding it for her, he accidentally slams it right into her face.

"What the hell dude!" She barked at the shocked man in front of her.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't realize you were there!" He scrambles, reaching out his hand towards the fallen Jade.

"The doors are clear dumbass. How did you not see me?" She slaps his hand away and stands up steadily, wiping off the dirt from her pants.

"How can I help? Can I get you a coffee?" He asks searching for something to make things right.

Jaden opens her mouth to say something snarky but something on his shirt catches her eye, a name tag.

"Actually yes. I'm looking for a job." She straightens her posture and tries to better her attitude.

"Oh perfect! We actually have a spot open."

"Wonderful." She tilts her head, waiting for him to walk her in.

"I'm Jace, but everyone calls me Forron."

"Okay Forron, can you please show me to the person who hires here? I'm kind of looking for a job right now."

"Oh you don't have to! I'll set up an interview and put in a good word!" He takes out a notepad from his pocket and scribbles something. "Here's my number by the way. Text me so I can get yours. I'll give you a call when the interview is set up."

"Thank you so much Jace. I'll text you later 'kay?" She gives a forced smile. He nods.

She starts to walk away but before she's far, he speaks again.

"Hey!" Jaden turns around with furrowed brows, "You're cute. Let's go for coffee sometime." Taken aback, she stands frozen in place.

He gives an award winning smile and jogs back into the coffee shop. His words left butterflies fluttering in her stomach.

Jaden hasn't talked to a guy in a long time, much less dated one. These seven short words stuck in her head. You're cute. Let's go for coffee sometime. The words replay in her mind as she walks back to the apartment. Would she have time for a boyfriend? Jaden didn't know but she didn't really care. All she wanted was to go on that date. For the first time in what felt like forever, she wouldn't have to stick to a plan.
~
"Jaden? Jaden?" Cora calls dragging out the n.
"Earth to Jaden. What's wrong with you?"