Chapter Six

CHAPTER 6JadenBiggest Threat

CHAPTER 6
Jaden
Biggest Threat

Jaden wakes up suddenly, gasping for air. Beads of sweat trickle down her forehead. Instead of her comfy bead under her, bumpy ground is what she slept on. She looks around and next to her is The Flash.

"Let all hell loose in the city." His vibrated voice speaks blankly.

"Let all hell loose in the city." Jade repeats, releasing a snake from her skin.

"Flash will pay for what he did."

"Flash will pay for what he did." Jaden smiles at the 'mad Flash' next to her. A new set of mind absorbs her as she plans to set hell loose in Central City.

Jaden transforms into a crow then flies across the city, towards the pier. As she lands on a fence post, she watches the people in front of her. Dozens of kids run around and parents talk, drinking some beer. I never got to do any of this.

She transforms back into human, still watching over the people. Releasing hundreds of snakes, she commands them to bite every single person.

"You all think you're safe in this city. But not anymore, the Flash is useless. For I will rule this city." Alter fumed.

Gasps are heard followed by screams when the venom is injected into their blood. It spreads, making them feel like their whole body is in flames. One after another, bodies drop like flies. As she starts walking off the pier, a whooshing sound stops her in her tracks.

She turns, looking at the horrified Flash.

"I told you things would only get worse." Jaden growled, turning back towards the city.

"You think this is bad? Just you wait." She laughs loudly disappearing into the shadows.
~
Barry

"Guys! Please help! I don't know what to do!" He looks around rapidly, at least two hundred people lay on the ground, varying from age.

Kneeling down, he checks one woman's pulse. It's still there but it's growing weaker by the second.

"You have to get down her now! They all have to be brought to the hospital."

A portal appears in front of Barry and out steps Vibe and Killer Frost. One by one, they rush towards the hospital. Two of them teleporting while the other runs. Going to pick up the final few, Barry checks their pulse once again. Nothing.

"She's gone." He says breathlessly, "they're all gone."

"Dammit." Cisco cries, putting his hands over his face.

"We have to stop that damn girl. She is never going to see the light of day once I get my hands on her." Frost says coldly.

Barry dials 911 and tells the operator about the multiple casualties caused by Alter. After a little while, they all head back to the lab.

"She warned me yesterday. She told me that things are only going to get worse. I caused this. Fuck." Barry curses. This shocks the others as the boy never mutters a swear word.

"We have until tomorrow to find out how to stop her. She says things are getting worse from here." Barry walks over to the computer, logging in some information.

"Look, these are all the places Alter has attacked so far. What do they all have in common?"

"The stores and bank all have a lot of cash stored but why go to the pier?" Caitlyn asks.

"The meta cuffs. She said things would get worse so maybe now she's not just stealing money, she's stealing lives." Cisco points out.

Barry knew Alter stole things but he didn't think she was a killer. When he was at the pier, he noticed something, something different about her. She had a new look in her eye as if she was an entirely different person. Barry grew to like the thrill of chasing Alter around the city but not anymore, not when she was killing people. He knew one thing for sure, this certainly wouldn't be her last attack.

~
Jaden

It was a pathetic day. After poisoning multiple people, Jaden became bored in her apartment. So she decides to go on a lame walk to add to this pathetic day. As she passes an alley way, she hears muffled screams. This could be interesting.

She heads down the dark path, a man in all black stopping her. He raises a gun at her head and she smiles. Maybe not as pathetic. She knees him in the nuts and kicks him to the ground. Catching the gun that flew from his hand, she turns it towards him.

"Let go of her." She points the gun towards the man whose holding the girl. He lets go and backs away.

"Go." Jaden nods her head at the men. They scramble.

Examining the gun, turns out it's an E-16. This could come in handy. She puts it in her pocket then turns towards the woman.

"Are you okay?" She asks sincerely, reaching her hand out.

The woman grabs it with a smile, thankful for the dangerous girl in front of her. 

"Yes thank you so so much. I probably would have been dead by now if it weren't for you."

"Really it's no problem." Jaden turns around, walking out of the alley expecting for the woman to follow her out.

"So what's your name?" Jaden asks, trying to strike up a conversation.

Before they could reach the side walk, the all too familiar sound of a gun being cocked echoes throughout the long alley. Jaden stops in her tracks and slowly puts her hands up.

"Take everything out of your pockets and put them on the ground." The mysterious woman demands.

Her back towards the girl, Jaden slowly reaches down into her pockets and lowers down, placing her phone and wallet on the pavement. The woman scurries behind Jaden but before she could run off, Jade turns around swiftly and punches a hard blow right in her abdomen.

The woman flies backwards as the gun slides to Jaden's feet. A chuckle escapes Jade's mouth as she approaches the woman.

"You've picked the wrong woman to mess with pal."

The girl tries to get up but Jaden pushes her back down almost instantly. Growing razor sharp claws, she picks up the girl by her neck and holds her other hand out ready to strike.

"Any last words?"

"Wait! I can help you." The woman pleads.

"Continue." Jaden narrows her eyes, intrigued.

"I've seen you on the news. You want to hurt flash right?"

"And suppose I do?"

"I'm a meta too. I can help you defeat the flash."

"How can I trust you? You just tried to kill me."

"You're obviously much more powerful than me so how would I defeat you anyways?"

"Fine. You have one chance." Jaden releases her grip on the girl and retracts her claws.

"I'll ask it again. What's your name?"

"Corrosive. You?"

"Alter."

Jaden starts walking towards the sidewalk again with Corrosive following this time.

"You try one more time and I'll rip your throat out."

"Got it."