The New World (Part 1 - Shulk's Side)

Shulk Narrating

I didn't know where I was or what was the time. Everything was darkness.

Suddenly, stars appeared above me, and I realized the floor was pure darkness as well.

Ah... so that's where I was.

It was the passage that me and my friends had to go through before fighting Zanza. The passage... of fate.

...What was I doing there? Everything seemed strange to me until a voice said my name calmly.

"Shulk."

...I knew that voice.

"Alvis?"

I was surprised. I never thought about what happened with him after I, I mean we, recreated the world.

"Shulk. I wanted to talk to you about something. A catastrophe will happen and I want you to stop it."

"What?! What's happening Alvis, tell me!"

"Straight to the point as always. I... had a vision about an unknown force with the power to... destroy the world."

"...And what did you see?"

"Destruction. A lot of it. I would be more specific but we don't have much time."

"Uh... And what do you want me to do?"

"You have to find an ally with the same power as you and join forces with him to destroy that mysterious force."

"An ally? Where can I find him?"

"I don't know. I saw him in a vision, fighting along your side. What I do know is that after you find him you will have to travel to the place you found me to recover your blade."

"My blade?" I knew what blade he was referring to. The Monado.
"I found the Monado on Valak Mountain. Is that where I have to go?."

"Yes. It is neccesary to defeat this mysterious being."

I had a lot of information to process, after all, just a year had passed since Zanza's defeat, I didn't know if I was ready for another adventure.

"But how are we even talking?"

I wanted to know what happened with Alvis and the Monado after the recreation of the world.

"Telepathy. We are connected, after all. However, my powers have been weakened, so I'm afraid I won't be able to talk to you again."

"Weakened? Why?"

Alvis always seemed very powerful to me, but that was when I realized his power came from a source, as everything in this world.

"I don't know, but I think you should ask me about more pressing matters right now."

"O-of course, well... How does this 'person' looks like? Do you know their name?"

"His name is..."

A light filled the room and didn't let Alvis finish his sentence.

"Alvis!? What's going on?"

The light filled my eyes and I woke up.
It was a dream. A very real dream. I knew that wasn't just my mind playing tricks. Alvis DID talk to me.

I looked around. My house was quiet and lonely, as always.

A new journey. I couldn't do it on my own.

However, most of my friends were very busy, so I had to select a few to travel with me. It could be very dangerous and I didn't want anyone to get hurt.