The New World (Part 11 - The Source of our Power)

Rex Narrating

"I know that it could be dangerous, Shulk. The White Knight could find out about it and then use the Conduit's power to destroy the world. But it's also our only opportunity to defeat him." Mythra explained.

Shulk stared at the sky thoughtful. Even if it was risky, I thought the same as Mythra. We needed to do it.

"Our next encounter with the Knight will be the last one. We have to go with everything we've got! Let's do this!" Shulk exclaimed.

"But how will we do it?" Pyra asked.

"The place with the biggest conexion to the Architect was his 'room'. So I think going there will be a good idea. We have to try at least, right?" I commented.

"Yeah, let's go there." Mythra agreed.

"Isn't that place like, completely destroyed?" Sharla asked.

"Yes, but with some luck Klaus' room won't be... a bunch of debris." Nia replied.

"It's our best option!" Rex said optimistically. "Let's go!"

......................................................

We aboarded Zeke's ship and went in the direction of the World Tree's debris.
Meanwhile, I observed how noticeable it was the lack of Poppi and Tora's presences.

(Where we used to be starts playing)

I missed them. But I didn't have time to think about it. Poppi sacrificed herself so the Knight couldn't absorb the Ether's energy. And Tora returned to Torigoth, sad about her death. I wanted to comfort him but first we needed to defeat the Knight.

"Tora, Poppi. We'll defeat him. For both of you." I whispered for myself.

Mythra opened the door of the room I was in and she sat next to me.

"You are... thinking about them, aren't you?" She asked as she sat at my side.

"I... don't know if I'll be able to forgive the Knight someday." I commented. "But we have to do the right thing."

Mythra looked at the ground, hopelessly.

"Poppi... She didn't have to go through all of this. I.. I miss her... I miss her so much!" She said, on the verge of tears.

"Mythra..." I put my hands on her shoulders. "I know how you feel. I... I miss her too. But we need to be strong. The world is counting on us."

She hugged me as she let her tears fell.
"I-I just want to protect m-my friends! Why do they have to die because of me!?"

"I know you've had it rough, but Poppi's death wasn't your fault! I know you are a good person, Mythra. Even if sometimes you are kind of rude, in the end, you are one of the sweetest and strongest persons I have ever met. So please, don't cry. You are better than that, aren't you?" I said with a confident smile on my face as I wiped her tears.

"Why do you have to be so dumb!?" She smiled as her last tears fell. "Thank you, Rex. I don't know what I would do without you."

"Errr... Mythra? Are you feeling okay?" I made fun of her.

"I try to be nice for once and you make fun of me. Next time I won't bother!" She said, angry.

Suddenly, the ship stopped. Nia opened the door of the room we were in.

She stared at both of us for a moment. Then, she broke the silence.

"We are ready to land. Am I... interrupting something?" She asked, first looking at me and then at Mythra.