The New World (Part 12 - A Princess' Duty)

Melia Narrating

The soldier explained the situation to us.

There was a lot of chaos without me in Colony 9.

My people tried to fix 'the situation' on their own but they couldn't do it.

"And what was exactly... The situation, if I may ask?" I asked.

"Colony 9 is becoming dangerous, Your Majesty. There aren't many High Entia, and we must ensure the safety of our species. We wondered if you knew any place where we could be safe until you stop the Knight." He explained.

"There aren't safe places. The Knight could attack anywhere." Shulk pointed out.

A place did come to my mind. But ignored that thought.

"Yes. We'll stop the Knight, don't worry. Until then you can stay in Colony 9." I replied.

"Lady Melia, I must object. Our species is in danger. Just imagine the urgency our people have that I had to come here to look for you." He pointed out.

"Since when are you worried about this?" I asked. "The High Entia aren't the only ones that are in danger! Everyone is!"

"We know that. But there are few of us in this world. You must look for the safety of your people. It's your duty as a princess." He said, confident.

"Y-you are no one to talk to me like that!" I exclaimed, angry. The burden of my duty and not being up to the expectations started making me anxious.

Shulk stared at me, calm.

"We don't know where the Knight is, Melia. I think we can help him for now. If we see any signal of the Knight then-"

"Since when are you the leader of the team, Shulk!?" I said, angry.

The look that Shulk gave me broke my heart.

"O-oh Shulk I... I'm sorry..." I apologized. "...You are right, we have time to help him. It's my duty... as the princess of the High Entia." I looked at the High Entia soldier that asked for our help. "I'm sorry. Of course I'll help you. Does anyone have any idea of where we could start searching for? It has to be a calm and safe place, suited for my people." I explained, waiting for someone to tell me an answer that wasn't the one I came up with.

"Sadly, not a single place fits those requirements, Melia. The Knight has probably made some research; It's very easy to know where are the villages and cities of our world." Mòrag responded. "However, we could search for a hidden land, one that the Knight would never find."

"...I guess I can't help it. I know the perfect place. A place supposed to be full of monsters that the Knight would never look into."

"What do you mean, Melia?" Rex asked.

"My city. The High Entia's capital. Alcamoth."

"What!?" Reyn exclaimed. "Melia, are you nuts!? The Telethia are like sand in a desert there! We could never kill them all! In fact, we already tried to, remember? But because at the end we didn't manage to do it, you and your people went to live in Colony 9."

"That time we didn't count with the strength of Rex's group" I pointed out. "And Shulk is stronger now, too. I am not asking you to help me. This is a matter of the High Entia. But if we can't take Alcamoth back I doubt we'll be able to win against the Knight."

Reyn stared at me for some seconds.

"Dammit, you can count on me." Reyn said, suddenly.

"With all of us, no, guys?" Rex asked.