Chapter 2: Fantasy and Fun

The clock chimed twelve times, its echo ringing throughout the entirely deserted Freddy Fazebar's Pizza.

Well, not entirely deserted.

Freddy Fazbear felt his eyes roll back from inside his head as his servos warmed up, like always. He stretched an arm, the creaking joints still in need of repair, as always.

He looked up to see his two friends, always there by his side to start the night off.

"Well? Are we gonna get started?" asked Bonnie in that ever-pleasing voice of his.

"Yeah, tonight, we're really gonna get that night guard!" chimed Chica. Those two always seemed to agree on everything.

"Yeah, yeah, guys. Just give me moment..." Freddy replied, his voice just as deep and rich as it always was.

It was at that exact moment that Foxy burst into the dining room in a hurry, breathing heavily.

"Foxy! How did you get out of your Cove so quickly? And why are you over here? I've never seen you over here before." Freddy asked.

"I... I got bad news," Foxy panted in between breaths. "The... the guard, he finally... finally left!"

"Left? What do you mean, he LEFT?!" Bonnie yelled.

Freddy put a comforting hand on the hyperactive bunny's shoulder. "The guard left? It's, what, night 3 right now. I don't think they're supposed to be able to leave."

"I'll show ya, Freddy, but it ain't pretty."

And sure enough, when the four of them entered the office, there was nobody in it. Also, oddly enough, behind the deserted security guard's desk was a door made of white wood that looked entirely out of place within the decrepit pizzeria.

"See? No guard. Now what are we gonna do?" Foxy complaining, swinging his hook through the air dangerously.

Freddy stood there and thought. "What's behind the door?" he asked.

"What? Oh, just some stupid void. See for yourself." Foxy used his good hand to open the door, and, sure enough, there was nothing but a shining white void.

"What could it mean?" Chica asked.

Freddy was coming to a sinking conclusion. "Uh, I don't know about you guys, but usually whenever there's an out-of-place door that looks like it leads to another dimension, somebody usually has to go through it."

Three sets of animatronic eyes blinked at him.

"What?" Freddy asked defensively.

"You're not making any sense, Freddy. What's gotten into ya?" Foxy asked.

"Yeah, if you go through there, you might be in FOWA rough time," Bonnie added.

"Guys! Can't you see? Things are messed up. We're not going to solve them by standing around and arguing. The answer is through THERE. I'm sure of it."

"Well, how do you know if it's safe, Freddy?" Chica asked, with a quiver in her voice.

Freddy sighed. "Ok, good point. If anything jumps out from there and tries to get me, I'll just run back through. Besides," he said, flexing his arm, "I'm no weakling myself." Without looking, he turned and threw his microphone into the fan with such force that it embedded itself in the wall.

Foxy sighed. "Alright, matey. We'll hold down the fort. Just... stay safe, arright?"

Freddy tipped his hat. "Always. Freddy Fazbear forever!" And without another word, he turned and stepped through the door.