Chapter 10: Back to the Basics

Frisk reached the door to the room where the meeting was supposedly taking place when she nearly toppled over from a sudden wave of exhaustion.

She reached forward in an effort to get her balance, only to realize that the doors were in fact sliding doors. She face-planted into the room and looked up to see two pairs of eyes looking back.

"Welcome to Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning! That's me!" a warbling voice announced as the Player booted up, well, Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning.

He clicked "Start" and spawned into the beginning hallway, now very crowded with four other figures, each as poorly rendered as the rest of the game.

"Haha. You're so fat now," Freddy laughed.

Before the Player could think up of a retort, a voice in front of them said, "Hello, and welcome to my schoolhouse!"

Everyone turned to look at the figure. The welcome appeared to have been issued by a tall man in a green shirt and blue pants. He waved, a poorly animated gesture that looked like it had been put together in two minutes.

"THAT'S who we're bringing along?" Mama asked.

"Sad to say, yes, he is. Just wait. It gets worse." the Player replied.

The Player marched forward into room 99, the other four characters filing in afterwards uneasily. The Player picked up the notebook, solved the three math questions, and watched the in-game counter tick upwards to one.

"This doesn't seem too hard." the Neighbor mentioned.

"Just wait..." the Player repeated. He ran out into the hallway, grabbed the floating quarter, and ran into the next room.

Just like always, the third question was impossible. The Player typed "69" into the answer box, only to get it wrong and watch Baldi frown.

"Now the fun starts." the Player said. "Everyone spread out. Get the notebooks in the classrooms. When we've got seven of them, meet back here."

"How will we know if we all have seven together?" Bendy asked.

"Uh... uh... it says so for me right here. I'll just shout it out into the microphone," the Player said.

SLAP. SLAP. SLAP.

"Ready, team? Break!" The team filed out of the classroom and went in several different directions.

The Player ran down the right hallway along with Mama. They came up to a closer when suddenly a broom burst out of it.

"I will handle this!" Mama declared, baring her teeth.

"GOTTA SWEEP SWEEP SWEEP" yelled the broom. Wait. Yelled the broom?

The broom sweeper down the hallway at a drastic speed, taking Mama with it. The Player barely managed to see her biting into the handle for dear life as they disappeared around a corner.

The Player just sighed and grabbed the third notebook. Well, at least everyone seems strangely absent. Even Baldi. he thought to himself.

No sooner did he exit the classroom than the teacher himself round a corner and catch sight of him. He suddenly reared back and threw his ruler like a boomerang down the hall.

The Player quickly dashed back into the classroom and barely dodged the shot. Where the HELL did he learn how to do that? he thought to himself.

He reentered the hallway to see Baldi standing there patiently. What's he doing? he thought to himself.

It was only when he heard a faint whooshing that he thought to duck back into the classroom, AGAIN, as the ruler came whizzing back.

The Player returned from the hallway to see Baldi catch his ruler out of the air and slap it in his palm, resuming the chase.

The Player ran down the hallway, then immediately stopped as the Principal of the Thing came up into view. He was much too busy to deal with the Player, however, for he was dragging a certain brown bear behind him by the scruff of his neck.

"No attacking faculty members in the halls. Detention for you. When will you learn?" the Principal droned in his monotone voice.

"Detention? NOOOOO!!!!!" Freddy replied as he was helplessly dragged down the hallway.

With them two behind him, the Player quickly continued on and grabbed the fourth notebook. He almost got run over by the Sock Puppet, which glanced at him warily. He padded onward.

As he walked down the long hallway that would take him to the fifth and sixth notebooks, he saw two figures in the distance. One of them was Bendy, strolling along. The other was a pigtailed girl in a red dress running towards him at top speed.

"Let's playyyyyyyyyyyyyyy," she said in a voice more painful than the Principal's.

"What is this monstrosity?" Bendy muttered to himself. Suddenly, a jump rope appeared in his hands.

"Ready? Go!" the girl yelled at him.

"What? No! No!" Bendy yelled. He began to shoot globs of ink at her, but thinking it was all in jest, she ran around and dodged them. "You're funnnnnnnnnn," she warbled.

The Player wanted to facepalm, but instead he went into the classroom and got the fifth notebook.

He exited to find Bendy still entrapped by the demonic child. He just sighed and grabbed the sixth notebook.

SLAP. SLAP. SLAP. Baldi came around the corner. The Player unleashed an extra BSoda he had, pushing him, Bendy, and Playtime down the hall.

Rounding the corner to grab the final notebook, the Player noticed the Neighbor facing a large figure. This figure was in fact a gigantic child wearing an orange shirt. A bunch of words oddly floated next to his head, stating, "This is a bully."

"Give me something greatttttttt," the Bully said. Did everyone here speak in a drawn-out monotone?

"What? No!" The Neighbor yelled. He took out his shovel and began to bang the Bully with it. However, it didn't seem to have much affect. The Bully simply stood there and took all of the Neighbor's attacks.

The Player rolled their eyes and walked up to the Bully with a candy bar in their hand. He took it and teleported away, saying, "Thank you for your donationnnnnnnnnnnnnn,"

The Neighbor stared. "How'd you get rid of him?" he asked in an awed tone.

"Doesn't matter. One notebook left to go," replied the Player. He cracked his knuckles in readiness.

"I'll, uh, stand guard out here then," the Neighbor stammered.

The Player went into the classroom and collected the final notebook, answering the last question wrong for the last time.

He left the classroom and rejoined the Neighbor. "Hey, everyone. We've got seven notebooks! Meet up where we started!" the Player yelled at his computer screen.

"Congratulations!!!" Baldi's voice came on. "You found all seven notebooks! Now all you need to do is..."

"GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!!!!"

"Hehehehe."