1

Mumbo's POV

  Grian and I stayed up all night together, finishing the last bits of Sahara. Iskall was on vacation for the next 2 weeks so the finishing of Sahara rested on our shoulders. Grian placed the final piece of redstone I had instructed him to, and it was done! We walked out into the front of the store and tested buying a stack of sand. Everything worked perfectly and Grian and I got very excited.
        "Yes! High five man!" I raised my arm for the high five, but instead of sharing my excitement, Grian seemed to shrink away from it. He flinched quite violently, and I was confused. "Oh. I'm sorry. Are you ok?" I asked nervously. He had a blank stare on his face, his eyes flinching with painful remembrance. It only lasted a second, though, before he pushed a nervous smile on top of his apparent discomfort. 

        "Sorry. Not sure what came over me haha," he laughed, attempting to hide the pain in his voice before continuing with his false happiness. "Nice job. Sahara looks and works great, so we'll be able to have the grand opening soon! Um, I have to go, but I'll talk to you later."  He said before taking out a rocket and flying off with his elytra. It was clear that he wasn't going to talk about whatever had just happened, so I decided I would keep an eye on him, but ultimately not bother him about it. 

That was until the other day. He and I were getting together again, this time planning the actual grand opening for Sahara. He flew to meet me at Sahara, landing in front of me and saying, 

        "Hi, Mumby Grumby." He said it cheerfully, and I decided I would finally retort his constant nicknames. Just as playfully, I added, 

        "Hello, Greee-on," I said happily, and the same blank expression went across his face. This time he seemed to have a harder time hiding it. 

        "Don't call me that. Please." He said in a serious tone before changing the subject. Once again, I let it go. We planned the grand opening for when Iskall came back so that we would all see it together. All while we were planning, I could tell Grian had something else on his mind. I would say something, he would stay quiet for longer than normal and then respond late, usually with an "um" or an "uh" attached. He was about to leave, getting ready to fly off when I put a hand on his shoulder. He looked at me slightly confused.

        "Are you ok? I can tell something is bothering you. You know I'm always here for you if you ever need to talk." I told him, and he looked at me sadly, but grateful. 

        "I know, thank you. It's just, I don't know if I can ever talk about it." 

        "That's ok too. I just want you to know that I'm here for you. Always." I said reassuringly.

        "Thank you Mumbo. Really, thank you." He said before flying off to his base. I didn't know what was going on with him, but I wanted to help. I thought about it the whole flight back to my base but was confused when I got there. My storage system was all messed up, even though I hadn't touched it all day. Shulker boxes were out of place, and chests had been left open. Who did this? And why? Before my questions were answered, I felt something hard hit the back of my head, and I fell to the ground. Slowly, every one of my senses dulled until I lost complete consciousness, never even seeing who my attacker was. 

Ooh, a cliff hanger. Kinda. You all probably know what's going on, but I'm super excited for this story! I've had the idea for a while but randomly one night the whole thing came into my head, so now I bring it to you. I hope you enjoyed the first chapter! I'm not too sure how long this will be, but it shouldn't be too long. Anyway, I have talked for long enough. I hope you have a good day/night, and you are lovely.