5

Mumbo's Pov

Stone floors are not very good for sleeping on. I had spent most of the night trying to find a comfortable position to lay, with no success. It was all for nothing though because just as I started to slip into blissful sleep, the metal door to the room slowly creaked open. I sat up, nervous to see who was entering. I watched as Sam entered the room, hunched over and dragging something, or someone, by their legs. He dropped their legs quite forcefully before walking over to the other cell and opening it via a key he had hanging from his belt. He dragged the body further into the room, and I noticed that the body was wearing a familiar red sweater. 

        "Grian?!" I asked nervously. Sam ignored me and just continued dragging Grian's unconscious body into the cell and shutting the door, leaving us alone together. I watched Grian for a moment, trying to discern if he was breathing or not, and after a while, I saw his chest rise and fall with very shallow breaths. "Grian. Grian, wake up, please." He still didn't move and unable to do anything from my cell and still very tired, I went back to trying to sleep. 

Grian's Pov

I watched as the blood pooled out of his body and onto the carpet. Taurtis laid on the floor, a horrible and twisted expression forever left on his face. The large knife had been pulled out of his stomach and was back in Sam's hand as he just stood completely still. I took a step back from what once was my friend and tried to get away as quickly as possible. I ran out of the door and as fast as possible, desperate to find someone on the street to help me. Instead, I felt a hand grab onto my arm and pull me to stop. Tears ran down my face as Sam spun me around to face him, still holding the bloody knife in his hand. 

        "Where are you going? You have to help me with the body." He spoke with certainty like the whole situation was normal all while smiling. I tried to yank my arm out of his grip, but he continued to hold me. I looked from him to the knife before lowering my head and walking back with him to the house.

      I woke with a jolt, remembering that horrible day. I had pushed that memory far from my brain, but seeing him again with just as much control as he had over me triggered it. I could feel another panic attack coming on, but this one was too much to handle. I tried to do the breathing trick again, but I couldn't stop hyperventilating. I dragged myself to the corner of wherever I was, too stressed to figure out where that was, and let myself experience my PTSD in full.

Oof, lots o' angst. I hope you don't mind the change in Pov mid-chapter, but I knew these individual chapters would be super short alone so I turned them into one, semi-short chapter instead. Also, I kinda feel bad for killing Taurtis off, but I needed a reason why he wouldn't be in the story. Anyway, this one was kinda a fun one to write and um, this story has over 200 reads wtf. How??? Why??? Thank you guys so much for reading this and, as always, I hope you have a good day/night, and you are lovely.