Chapter 10: How About No

Sam

"He has to," Chloe said looking at us weirdly.

"Uh, why?" Kyrn asked shocked.

"A bite mark tells other males that you are taken and your mate's scent gets mixed in with yours. Then to complete the mating process, you guys have sex. Then your mate's scent is completely mixed in with yours. And then tada! Completely mated," she screamed with a smile.

I shook my head back and forth. "Again, hell no!"

She seemed taken aback by this. "Why not?"

"I'm only eighteen. I'm not going to have sex with my kidnapper and he isn't going to bite my neck. That's just weird!"

"What's weird?" Xavier asked walking back her with Jay.

"Oh this oughta be good," Zander said crossing his arms.

"I wonder how they will take it," Ryan said with amusement.

"Who will take what?" Jay asked us, honestly confused.

"Well. Kyrn and Sam don't want you guys to bite them and they don't want to have sex with you either," Chloe said walking over to where Zander and Ryan are.

Xavier's and Jay's head snapped toward us and I think their eyes got darker.

"Why not?" Xavier asked through gritted teeth.

I flinched at the sudden anger in his voice and took a step back.

Even if he is my mate and he swore to not hurt me, he still scares me.

"Uh. I-I." Fear was taking over and I couldn't finish my sentence.

I think he noticed because his eyes went back to normal and his features softened.

He walked up to me and pulled me into a hug.

"I'm sorry I got mad. I understand if you don't want us," he said and his arms pulled me in tighter before he let go.

I saw a tear slip out and he looked toward the ground while walking away.

"What? No!" I yelled and jumped on his back so he would stop walking.

I don't know why I'm acting like this. It must be that weird mate thingy. It's still weird to me. I'm falling for my werewolf kidnapper mate. Yeah, that doesn't sound weird at all.

"But you said-" He started talking but I clamped my mouth over his hand.

"Xavier. Shut up and let me talk." I giggled.

I felt him nod so I took my hand off his mouth and slid down his back.

"Listen. I'm not rejecting you, Xavier. I don't know why but I have gotten extremely strong feelings for you that I have no idea where they came from but I know they are there. It's probably this mate pull thing and it's kind of scaring me to like you, but I'm not rejecting you. I only said that because I'm eighteen and I'm not ready to have sex yet. And besides, if you went up to some random person and were like 'hey I'm going to bite your neck so other males know that you are mine. Don't freak out or anything', they would probably freak out. It's weird." I laughed at the end.

"So you're not rejecting me?" he asked me slowly. I smiled and shook my head. A flood of relief washed across his face and he picked me up. "Oh thank God. I don't know what I would have done of you did reject me."

"Mates are that important to you guys?"

"You have no idea, princess." He chuckled.

I hugged him back and he finally set me back on the ground.