Chapter 24: Parents Come Home

Sam

I groaned as the sun shone through my curtains and onto my face.

"Go away," I mumbled.

"Gee thanks," I heard a girl's voice.

"Ah!" I screamed and hit my forehead against whoever was next to me.

"Ow. Sam." I heard.

I rubbed my forehead and saw my mom rubbing her forehead and my dad laughing.

"Mom!" I screamed and tackled her on a hug.

I heard someone clear their throat and looked at me- Dad.

"Dad!" I screamed and ran toward him.

"Hey princess." He smiled. "How are you?"

"I'm good. You?"

"Pretty good." He laughed. "Want to go out for breakfast?"

I nodded and dashed to my bathroom to get ready.

After I got ready, I ran downstairs and saw my dad and mom putting their shoes on.

"Where's Kyrn?" I asked.

"Her parents came and got her already. So they are at their house."

I nodded in understanding as we walked outside toward the car.

"So how are you and Brett?" my mom asked smiling.

I heard a low growl and turned to see three wolves growling at the mention of Brett's name.

I smiled at them and turned back to my mom.

"I broke up with him," I stated.

She stopped walking and pulled me to a stop too. "What? Why?"

"Well," I started rocking on my feet.

"What happened, Sam?"

"After the game, I went to his house to surprise him for our two year anniversary, and saw him and Tasha doing the dirty," she stared at me in shock.

I heard my dad sigh in relief. "I'm sorry to hear that. But I'm glad you aren't dating him anymore. I never really liked him."

"Dad. You don't like any guy I date," I stated the obvious.

He scoffed smiling at me. "No. I just don't like anyone dating my princess."

I heard another low growl and saw Xavier standing behind a tree.

I waved him off and turned to my dad.

"Oh, Dad." I laughed shaking my head at him.

He laughed but then looked at me. "Do you hear that growling?"

"Yeah. It's just my stomach," I lied.

He nodded and we climbed in the car.

The car ride was spent by my parents telling me how everything was in Italy. My mom couldn't stop talking about the food and my dad couldn't stop talking about the cars that he saw.

"So. How were you and Kyrn?" My dad asked as he was looking at the breakfast menu at Denny's.

"We were good. We watched a lot of movies and had ice cream," I said with a smile.

"Make any new friends?" Mom asked.

I nodded. "Yeah. We met a couple of guys. They're pretty cool."

My dad stiffened. "What do you mean?"

I laughed at him. "Dad. Calm down. Kyrn and I went to the library and we met some guys there."

After I said that, I heard the bell ding.

I looked up and smiled shaking my head.

Xavier, Chloe, Hunter, and Zander walked in. Xavier saw me and smirked.

He pointed to the table next to ours and the waiter brought them to the table.

"Who's that?" My dad asked looking at them with an eyebrow raised.

I froze. Uh, think of something Sam.

"They were the people that I was talking about," I let out a nervous laugh.

"Oh hey Sam," Chloe said coming over to me.

"Hey," I smiled at her. "Dad, mom, these are the people that I told you about. The ones that I met at the library."

I looked at Xavier silently telling him to play along.

He must have noticed because I saw his eyes fog over and Chloe, Hunter, and Zander nodded smiling.

Thank you for catching on!

"Oh. Well, I'm Sam's dad, Tom, and this is my wife, Sharon." My dad smiled as he pointed to my mom.

"Nice to meet you," Xavier smiled. "I'm Xavier, and this is Zander, Hunter, and Chloe."

"Oh. That's nice honey." My mom smiled. "Nice to meet all of you."

"We are going to go eat. It was nice seeing you, Sam. And it was nice meeting you Mr. and Mrs. Conner," Xavier said politely.

"Please call us Tom and Sharon," my dad said.

"Of course sir." He smiled and they walked to their table.

"I like him," my dad said.

I looked at him confused.

"Wait, what?"

"I know, crazy right?" He laughed. "But something about him is likable. He has muscle so he must work out, he called me sir so he must have been raised right, and he seems like a nice guy."

"And I saw that way he looked at you," my mom gushed.

"Mom!" I yelled laughing as I felt my face get red.

"No. He didn't look at her in any way," my dad said sternly.

"Oh give it a rest Tom. Xavier looked at our daughter like she was the most wonderful person ever. It's obvious he has a thing for her."

To play it off I played along with her game.

"You think?" I asked smiling.

She smiled at me. "Of course. I mean seriously. When he walked in and saw you, his face lit up."

"So you think he really likes me?" I asked smiling widely as I took a quick look at him only to find out that he was already smiling at me.

"Oh totally," my mom winked. "I mean seriously. I can tell he's just dying to ask you out. And plus he is cute!"

"Mom!" I laughed. I can't believe she just called him cute. Oh my gosh.

She shrugged with a wink. "If I was your age, I would so go for that."

I giggled and my dad grunted.

"Let's not talk about that," he mumbled.

My mom and I laughed as we ate our breakfast.