Chapter 43: Men Can't Lie and Hello Kitty

Sam

"So where did you go this morning?" I asked Xavier as he rubbed his fingertips up and down my arm as we are lying on the couch watching Frozen.

"I uh had to um go somewhere," he stuttered.

"You're stuttering," I accused sitting up and looking at him.

"I didn't st-stutter," he said giving me a nervous laugh and refusing to look at me.

"Xavier," I growled my best human growl.

"Yes?" He asked nervously.

I looked over at the screen just in time to see Olaf get stabbed with the icicle.

I paused the movie and looked back at Xavier. "Do you see Olaf right now?" I asked him.

Xavier looked over at the screen and nodded. "Yes."

"You see how he just got impaled by that icicle?" I asked.

"Yes," he said, slowly.

"That will be you in the next two seconds if you don't tell me where you were," I threatened.

I heard him gulp. "Umm, I-" he started but I cut him off.

"And don't even think about lying to me. Because I know when you are lying. You get nervous, which tends to make you stutter. And that is what you are doing right now," I said crossing my arms.

"Well-" he started again, but someone cut him off.

"Come on dude. Got to go do patrol," Jay said walking to us.

"All right let's go," Xavier said quickly and jumped up, pulling an unexpected Jay outside along with him.

I screamed in frustration.

"What?" I heard Zander asked as he walked down.

I looked up and saw Zander with Chloe and Kyrn.

"You see Olaf right now on the screen?" I asked, pointing to the TV.

"How he is getting impaled?" Zander asked.

I nodded.

"Then yes," Chloe said sitting on the chair next to me.

"That will be Xavier when he comes home," I said sitting up.

"What did he do now?" Kyrn asked me laughing.

"He won't tell me where he went last night. And I know he is lying because when I asked him, he was stuttering a lot and wouldn't look at me."

"He was probably nervous. I mean you did kind of put him on the spot there, Sam." Zander shrugged.

I glared at him, and he just smiled innocently and put his hands up in surrender.

"When did he leave?" Chloe asked.

"Um, sometime around six I think," I said, confused.

"And he didn't get back until nine when we were all downstairs eating cereal," Kyrn joined in.

I looked up and saw Zander nervously sitting there.

"Zander?" I asked slowly. "Do you know something we don't?"

His head shot up to mine and I saw him swallow. "N-no."

"Babe. You're a really bad liar." Chloe laughed, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Oh sorry. Xavier just mind-linked me. Gotta run," he said before he sprinted out the door like his pants were on fire.

"Why are all men such bad liars?" Kyrn asked.