Luca Fuentes

Chapter 5
-Luca Fuentes "Alien"

I made my way through the empty halls after I asked to go to the bathroom. The strong winds were blowing my hair around, messing it up a lot but I had better things to do in the bathroom.

I pushed the door with a men sign on it and found a guy drowning in despair with his hands on the sink and gaze on the floor. I forced a small grin when he looked up with squinted eyes. His right eye was suspiciously closed, it looked like he was forcing it to be close since his other eye was almost closing too.

"You're in the wrong-"

"Ah, no, I'm not." I awkwardly smiled, walking past him to do my business. He yelped, returning his gaze back to the mirror where he continued to stare.

Then, I head over to the sink beside him and washed my hands, keeping my head straight to the sink but scanning around with my eyes. He got a small case beside him and he seems to be cursing under his breath.

"You alright? Need any help with anything?" I asked, pulling out tissue paper to wipe my clean hands on. He shook his head but continued to mutter. He turned to me, hesitating to speak but he did anyway.

"How to be confident?" He suddenly questioned with an unsure voice.

"Know what you're doing? Love you who are? I'm not sure. I'm not an expert." I shrugged, leaning onto the sink to wait for him.

"Should I do this?"

"I support you." I raised my fist in the air, softly cheering 'do it'. He twitched, sulking after he tried to pinch his eye.

"Do what you think is right. I'll always support you." I patted his back, rubbing it a bit.

"Argh! Okay, encourage me."

"Encouraged!" I chanted, holding my palm outwards as if I was casting a spell or something.

"Okay!" He snickered, inhaling before he pinched his eyes to remove contact lenses, revealing his unique eye colors.

"Amazing eyes! 11 out of 10." I gave him a thumbs-up as he shyly returned the contacts to his case. His left eye was brown and the right was blue which was pretty cool, I had to be honest.

"It's called heterochromia and it's from genes." He mumbled, sliding the case into his pockets.

"Ah! I know you, I think. I see you in the field sometimes in lunch." He gave a small nod then stared again at the mirror. He deeply sighed, hesitating to put on his contacts again. I grabbed his wrist as he was going to get the case. I gazed at him with cheerful eyes and a soft smile, I hope.

"Please don't try to hide it. I know it's hard but sometimes, you're better being yourself than someone else." I grinned, letting go of his wrists. He deeply inhaled, slapped his cheeks and put on a smile.

"Alright! Let's be confident!" He was about to step outside when the bell rang, signaling everyone that school's over.

"Eh, I'll just try tomorrow then." He turned to me with a smaller grin. His eyes were screaming with both fear and happiness. We stepped outside and everyone stared at his eyes when they walked by. For that, I glared back at them, raising my eyebrows in anger like a mother.

"Thanks. My name's Luca Fuentes, class 4."

"I'm Avery Phoenix, or Avi. From class 1." My finger pointed at my classroom.

"Avi!" Kim and Smilly called.

"-Ry! Avery!" Clint continued with his arm raised in the middle of the crowd.

"Luca will be joining us in watching that horror movie in 2 days." I snatched the strap of his bag before he got to leave.

"H-Horror?" He stammered, looking as terrified as ever.

"Don't worry. We're not going to force you."

"Is this a challenge?" He scoffed, pointing at the direction of the nearest cinema.

"In 2 days." I repeated.

"Why not now?" He gulped and started to sweat. We smirked and wondered how this was going to end.

"In 2 days!" I repeated, flicking his forehead with my finger as he whined and nodded.